1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Heroes and Villans.............. this one is a Villian !!!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by dan1el, May 21, 2019.

1. dan1el Member

United-Kingdom
    Good morning all,

I have to post this as what can only be desribed as the years biggest dissapiontment.
    Heros & Villains : Infantry Franco Prussian 26 Regiment 1870-71 1/16th Bust

Purchased direct from Historex in March, if it had been bought from anyone else : I would have deemed it as a recast. It is quite frankly an unacceptable level of production in exchange for 18 of her Majesties hard earned nuggets.

Normally I would complain like hell to both Historex and H&V themsleves...... but for less than £20 its not worth my professoinal time or expense. I can only vote to leave what appeard to be a high end manufacturer with my feet ( and my wallet ).

Commenst please fellow planeteers !!!!

Thanks - Dan.
    IMG_6158.JPG IMG_6159.JPG IMG_6154.JPG IMG_6153.JPG
    Mariobusta likes this.
  2. Oda A Fixture

OMG!!!!This looks like a horrible chemical accident!!!!!!It is H&V that must look to it.Their reputation is at stake.This is completely unacceptable.

Oda.
    Geoff Charman likes this.
  3. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

I agree, in this day and age, with the fierce competition in this very small market this is not acceptable.
    I can only hope this is a one-off error that slipped through the cracks. If I were involved with H&V I would take swift action (offering appologies and recompensation for a disgruntled customer, followed by a rigorous review of my quality control procedures).

p.s. not wanting to point fingers, but thinking back on how this was brought to the attention of a wider community I feel I need to say something else. Before complaining online, I would have given the company a chance to appologise in private. I myself have been the victem of a smear campaing by someone who is too much of a coward to talk to me in private, but prefers to complain on social media - please note that I DO NOT say that the original poster is such a person, just that in this digital age it is very easy to make a rash decision that gets out of hand far too quickly. Careful consideration of our actions is recommended.

Post edited to include p.s.
    Banjer, captnenglish, Nap and 3 others like this.
  4. Geoff Charman A Fixture

That is certainly not the normal standard of H&V, I have the whole set of these Franco- Prussian War busts and none are to this poor moulding.

I would have sent an e-mail to both Historex and H&V with your pics, it wouldn't have taken five minutes to do.

Hope you get it resolved

Geoff
    Oda likes this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Dan

Just looked at mine , it's a spot on casting ...

I would certainly be thinking of the £18....it's your hard earned money ,matters not a bit if it was £1

very surprised about the pics ....certainly contact both companies and at least get a replacement

Do let us know what happens

Nap
    captnenglish and Geoff Charman like this.
  6. khollar A Fixture

United-States
    That is a dreadful looking casting for certain. I do believe that it is important that we contact the manufacturer when you buy a defective product like this. I doubt that they knowingly sold a kit that was this poorly cast, but they need to hear about it so they get control over their product quality. You’re doing them a favor to let them know. Otherwise, they won’t be in business for long selling crap like this.

Kurt
    captnenglish, Nap and Geoff Charman like this.
  7. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    OMG, that's horrendous.
    It's just got to be down to human error that this got through any kind of quality control.
    If it was me, I'd initially contact Historex Agents, then take it from there.

Cheers
    H
    captnenglish and Nap like this.
  8. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    That is indeed dreadful and unacceptable casting. Both H&V and Historex Agents should be advised of this. This is not poor quality control, it is no QC at all.
    Geoff Charman and Nap like this.
  9. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    When I first started reading this, I thought "Oh come on, how bad could it be?". After seeing the photos of the casting, absolutely horrid, that's how bad! That needs to go right back to Historex Agents for a replacement.
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    When I saw it, I thought it was a illegal castiing.
    But with all the boxes, numbers etc this should be not the case. You should complain at Historex or H&V for a refunding or a new one.
    It's not acceptable

Marc
  11. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Send them the photo with a quick note. I doubt you will get any arguments from either company.
  12. santi fernandez Well-Known Member

Spain
    I personally know Fernando, owner of H & V and this is a mistake, he is usually very careful with the copies.
    send an email and look for a solution.
    Santi.
    Nap likes this.
  13. dan1el Member

United-Kingdom
    Good afternoon fellow Planeteers,

Thanks for the feedback - always appreciated.

I have emailed H&V and left my Business contact details - not quite 24 hours has elapsed as yet so no response to date..... but I will keep you posted !!!

Enjoy your days painting - wherever you are !!!!!

Thanks - Dan.
    Nap likes this.