1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hermann von Buxhövden

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Valatar_Aleanath, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Valatar_Aleanath Member

Ukraine
    Hermann of Dorpat (or Hermann I, or Hermann von Buxhövden) (1163–1248) was the first Prince-Bishop of the Bishopric of Dorpat (1224–1248) within the Livonian Confederation.

Hermann hailed from Bexhövede (now a part of Loxstedt, Lower Saxony) in the Duchy of Saxony. He was the brother of Bishop Albert of Riga, who used his influence against King Valdemar II of Denmark to place the Livonian Brothers of the Sword in medieval Estonia. From 10 April 1220 – 21 July 1224, Hermann was the Bishop of Leal (Lihula), after which he took over the Bishopric of Dorpat.

Hermann founded the cathedral of Tartu (Dorpat) and led the Roman Catholic crusading army in the 1242 Battle of the Ice, which was won by the Russian Orthodox Alexander Nevsky of Novgorod. It has also been suggested that he founded the Raseborg Castle at the southern coast of Finland.

Scale 54 mm. Romeo models. The work is made for a private collection with acrylic and oil paints

DSC_0978.jpg DSC_0979.jpg DSC_0980.jpg DSC_0981.jpg DSC_0982.jpg DSC_0983.jpg DSC_0984.jpg DSC_0985.jpg
    Hammond_Lord, Perseas, Kaws and 13 others like this.
  2. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Beautiful painting

Mobo
    Oda and Valatar_Aleanath like this.
  3. Sven A Fixture

Wonderful. The shield in particular. Please show more of your projects.
  4. Gary_81 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice job, I really love the different tones in the red you have managed to capture.

Gary
    Valatar_Aleanath likes this.
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Valatar

A BIG WELCOME to PF

Thanks for posting , fine artwork on the piece especially the Reds

Why not enter sonething into Novembers FOTM as well as voting in October's ...

Happy benchtime

Nap
  6. Valatar_Aleanath Member

Ukraine
    thanks for the feedback!

hi Sven! My other works can be seen, for example, here - https://karopka.ru/community/user/23496/

Greetings! I'm new here. I do not know what to do for this
    Nap likes this.
  7. Nap Moderator

England
  8. Oda A Fixture

Great painting and historical background.

Oda.
    Valatar_Aleanath likes this.
  9. Valatar_Aleanath Member

Ukraine
  10. Kaws A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Beautiful painting! Great shield painting