1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Here we go again 1/9 Napoleon bust

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by Graham, Jun 23, 2015.

1. John Howard Member

This is coming along really well Graham.

Like the bling.
    Graham likes this.
  2. Huw63 A Fixture

@ Graham your work is inspiring me as I bought the Waterloo commander set a few weeks back and yesterday fished out MM from 1997 and 1999 where painted my the busts of Wellington and Blucher are described.

@ NapoleonP I bought the sets recently as my first foray into acrylics and they are great. Still working on the mixes for colours but I'm having a grand old time. Still unsure whether I need the inks so I haven't bought them and will probably still use oils for flesh, leatherwork and horses.

Cheers

Huw

Graham likes this.
  3. Graham A Fixture

England
    Thanks again guys :) Huw, you will enjoy these busts they are a dream to paint even I can (almost) get it right!

Nap, Wellington and Blucher will be ordered this coming week. They up the 'bling' stakes a bit but you can't learn by doing less can you ;)

John, if you fancy a go at a fair sized bust (I won't tell you again, stop giggling at the back) these are superb value for money.

Not got any of the Scale 75 inks or metallics other than the NMM sets which, to be honest, I use just as colours. The soft blue greys in the NMM Silver set are gorgeous! If only I had a Scots Greys horse to paint ;)

Anyone seen a review of their inks?
  4. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Scale 75 inks are very intense....be careful what you use them for.....always test over intended colour on a piece of scrap first mate ;)
    Eludia likes this.
  5. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Sorry, Billy, I know I'll sound like a clever dick but whenever anyone says, there are no straight lines in nature, my response is "have you ever seen a sunbeam?" (It's the only one I can think of, mind.)
    Graham and Eludia like this.
  6. Graham A Fixture

England
    Calling this one done for now, final pics in completed thread. Thanks again for the support guys, it has been invaluable :)
    garyhiggins likes this.
  7. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Bling it on!.. A, 9 month rest and re-evaluation has worked wonders! You are a different Graham!:D

Mark
    Graham likes this.