1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Here comes another Dragon Lady, this time from Andrea in 54mm

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Blue Thunder, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    Huw63, Captain Lol, Manfred and 3 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi BT ,

Saw this not keen on it to be honest no matter how beautiful the actress and at 54 those dragons are small ...reckon she would look better clothed!!...

And all that female flesh to deal with ....Ooooerrrrrrr!

Nap
    Gaudin, lopee, captnenglish and 2 others like this.
  3. Oldironsides Guest

United-Kingdom
    I have to agree with Nap. I also think that it would have looked better in a larger scale - 75 or 90mm and a lot more sexy with at least some clothes on and not relying on a dragon to hide her modesty.

Mark
    captnenglish and napoleonpeart like this.
  4. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    You know, good people, I also agree with you guys :)

Even knowing in advance that Daenerys Targaryen character is strongly associated to nakedness, there is some unnecessary gratuity in this miniature: It's a little bit like Joachim Murat: Even a subject done to exhaustion has margin for improvement.

But speaking about Dragons, remember that these seasons big beasts were babies once upon a time :)

This is the fictional event the miniature intends to replicate:

[IMG]

(Someone give Emilia a towel, please! :hilarious: )
  5. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    What's she doing to that dragon?? o_O
    colonnello kurz and Jimbo like this.
  6. RobertC33 Well-Known Member

HongKong
    This company is getting...... :arghh:
    Gaudin and captnenglish like this.
  7. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Mmmm! lucky dragon!...:sneaky:
    Cheers
    Jim
    Wings5797 likes this.
  8. AJLaFleche Well-Known Member

I agree. When I got the Andrea notice on this one, I thought it was a tad gratuitous. Perhaps the pose looks too vulnerable and the dragon posing as a fig leaf is a bit much. And lest I be seen as a prude, I've painted several of the old Phoenix Follies and their 54 mm counterparts. No problem with the scale or size of the dragons, however.
    captnenglish likes this.
  9. Sgt. Red Active Member

Nice figure, but too much skin to paint!! Im not good at that.
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  10. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    I think that this is the appropiate film-representation of Daenerys. She walked into the fire and emerged with the dragons after the fire had consumed her clothes (including her hair according to the book - not so in the film). - This is not for sissies :D! (I was just talking about walking into the fire of course)
    Cheers, Martin
    captnenglish and Manfred like this.
  11. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    I really like when the girls looks natural and not silicon-stuffed. I was amazed how well they have captured her looks, in that scale also.

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  12. dfmoss Member

United-States
    I really like the figures that Andrea put out. However, I wish this one was a little more animated. The pose is just ok, not really eye-catching. Still may get it. LOL
  13. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I am not sure about this poor dragon squashed against her crotch, there could have been other ways to do it. And - no, I dont think it looks happy at all ( and it should :))!

This just looks odd.
    I think its how her shoulders go back and pelvis is tilted forward - like rappers grab their junk.

Figure lacks grace some what, as opposed to this (in my opinion)

[IMG]
  14. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mother of Dragons but an unimaginative and bland pose, the character has done so much more...

But if there's a chance to show a woman with no clothes on .... Meh!
    Martin Rohmann and captnenglish like this.
  15. Manfred Active Member

Gaudin, I share your opinion.
    Something's not quite there, maybe the stance.

Then again its 54mm and for the size I think it IS good (I've seen a lot of garage kit sized females over the years which fail in anatomical or likeness categories).
    And maybe with a few cuts can be made somewhat more like in the impressive movie scene, with some slight pose variation.
  16. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I think it could have been the case where more artistic license would be welcomed:)
  17. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I think this could have been a much more paintable and appealing figure if it had been clothed, more colours than just flesh to paint .
    chippy
  18. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal

Someone thought in the same manner :hilarious:

Here's the same event ... and a touch of art just changes everything ...

[IMG]
    Jamie Stokes likes this.
  19. yellowcat A Fixture

Canada
    Huw63, RobertC33 and napoleonpeart like this.
  20. Jehan17 Member

Canada
    I don't mind the pose that much for the fact that it reflects the pictorial of the TV series, even if it is unimaginative.

What I do mind is the poor quality of the boxart. With so many talented painters this could have been much and let's not talk of the poor prep work done of the figure itself. Just watch the video presentation, pits and defects on a figuree that should be a dream to clean up. It just seems that Andrea just doesn't care about figure modelers anymore. Maybe the sales of the prepainted stuff is a better market. This is just presentation that doesn't draw me in.

Come on Andrea you can do better then that.
    RobertC33 and Gaudin like this.