1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Henry V

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jon Metters, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Jon Metters Member

Hello planet:

Here's my latest 1/72 scale diorama: "Henry V"

My biggest challenge was the white horse. It took a few tries, and a lot of practice, but this is the first white horse I've ever painted that I'm not totally dissapointed with.

As always - I'd love any and all comments. Problems with historical accuracy? Horse coloring? I post on this site to be corrected and learn.

Best regards,

Jon Metters

Attached Files:

2. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Another great job, Jon! The heraldry on the surcoat is even visible! You continue to inspire me to do some of these little fellas; so far all I do is buy 'em but SOME DAY....
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    John, looks well done to me. It's hard to imagine the scale by looking at these pictures (they always look so much bigger in pics), but I'm with Steve, the heraldry is a very nice touch!

Jay H.
    OKC
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    John,
    I find it extremely difficult to paint heraldic on a 54 mm even a 70 mm. You do it on a mini. John, i find it so good that i don't have words for this paintjob.

Marc
  5. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    John, lovely work, the horse looks good, just the right contrast in shading. Who is this figure by?
  6. Jon Metters Member

Thanks to all!

I should point out that the Heraldry on the top half of the front of the figure is molded/raised. This makes it easier to paint! (I don't want to take too much credit.) The heraldry on the back and on the bottom half of the front is free-hand.

The Henry figure is from Italeri 100 Years War English Knights. The horse is from the Italeri 100 Years War French Knights.

If interested, reviews of these kits can be seen at: http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/PeriodMedieval.html

Thanks again!

Best,

Jon Metters