1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Help with SS figures

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Filipe, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Friends from pF

Please, i would like some help about two figures of the SS, a subject that i am not familiar with.

First, who is the maker of this figure? I found this photo around, and the only supplier that i found is chinese, so, probaly a recast. I would like to know the original maker.

S05.jpg

Second, this figure from Alpine Miniatures, the trousers can be painted with camouflage, as the tunic?

[IMG]

Thank you all :happy:

Filipe
  2. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Filipe,
    Not sure about the manufacturer of the first figure but it looks a lot like an S&T products figure.
    Re. the trousers on the Alpine figure, they are ok to paint pea dot camo.
    Gells
  3. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Thank you for the help, Gellso.
    Gellso likes this.
  4. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Filipe,
    Your welcome mate,
    I realised the figure is S&T products it's just he's painted differently and maybe different arms put on him. The picture below shows the 120mm scale guy. He has the same body and legs so maybe your guy is either modified or 1/35th and changed a wee bit.
    He is out of production now but you might find an original come up on Ebay which go for around 40 pounds.

Attached Files:

Filipe likes this.
  5. waterloo1815 Active Member

United-States
    Felipe - What scale is the first figure?? It might be an old Mil -Art fig. 80mm!!
    Filipe likes this.
  6. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    120mm.
    Carl.
    Filipe likes this.
  7. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Gellso

It makes sense, but its weird, because the chinese was selling as this figure, base included.But, it makes sense.

Waterloo

As Carl said, it is 120mm

Thank you all :happy:
  8. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    The first figure is one that had been modded from the original S&T figure. Not only are his arms different, but his right leg has been repositioned to be closer to the left. Notice that the feet are closer together and the folds in the pants are different as well. I would actually like to get one of those but can no longer find him.
    Filipe likes this.
  9. dinovision79 Active Member

Hi Filipe,
    from the photos, only the neck section of the sitting figure resembles to the S&D figure, hard to say...
    As for the Alpine figure, if you want to be historicaly correct, you should add knee reinforcements for camo version, the autum / brown side and the pead dot pattern had that (or oddly paint spring colours).

Cheers Denes
    Filipe likes this.
  10. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Denes and Jason, i think that the first one will remain a mistery. :arghh:

Thank you for the tip about the trousers, Denes. :happy:
  11. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Filipe, These may be of some help to you, at least some patterns and colors. Regards, SG:happy: M44_DotJacketFront.jpg M44_DotTrousersFront.jpg archive_g_uni_ss_mittens.jpg sold-44-ardenn_frnt.JPG

Attached Files:

Martin64 likes this.