1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Help with resin clear resin purchase.

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Lew J, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Lew J Active Member

United-Kingdom
    As the title suggests I'm looking for a reasonably priced clear resin to use as water on a model. I've tried using Vallejo still water but it doesn't cut the mustard, it has too much shrinkage.
    I'm looking to pour a depth of about 10mm and probably tint it also, I would prefer any responses to be for English products if possible just for convenience.

Thanks in advance Lew J.
  2. Einion Well-Known Member

English as in UK supplier Lew? One place that's often recommended for this kind of thing is Symasta; not really sure how their prices stack up but they're a good place to start.

Edit: the Sylmasta site appears to be having problems at the moment (none of the individual sections will load) so here is a previous thread from pF where Carl Reid mentions what he uses.

Einion
  3. Lew J Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Yes sorry I did mean UK supplier.
  4. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
  5. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Try this http://www.coloradominiatures.com/V-26201.aspx it is Vallejos transparent water effects; I am using it right now have for quite some time this will just what you want it to do (execpt it is a gel that you have to spread).
  6. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Try here for your resin http://www.tomps.com/shop/-c-42.html U.K based with good fast service, the polyester water clear is what you want, you can tint with humbrol enamels, you only need a minute amount when tinting, best to try a practice piece first to get the hang of it. Any problems or questions just ring them they are very helpful and will guide you with what you need.

Steve
  7. Lew J Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Steve, Matthew, Mike and Einion all very helpful, I feel more confident in making the right purchase now.

Lew J.