1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Help with eyes

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by OLECHNICKI, May 17, 2020.

1. OLECHNICKI New Member

I'm struggling with adding eyelids around eyes. Any techniques? I dont have many tools at the moment; just an X-Acto and a flat plastic cover for the blade that im using as a paddle for smoothing.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. OLECHNICKI New Member

I tired it again with deeper sunken eye sockets.

Attached Files:

3. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

have you considered using the back of a brush instead of a knife? If it is wooden you can shape it to something similar to a scalpel, This will allow for better control. I also think that your skin creases are a bit too sharp (which is to be expected whne using a knife - the back of a brush cut into a rounded scalper will smooth this out a lot.
  4. OLECHNICKI New Member

Do you mean the jowls (or whatever they're called)? I used the butt of the knife's handle for those. I just ordered some tools so hopefully the smaller tipped ones can help me get in there a lot easier.
  5. Bob Orr Active Member

United-Kingdom
    you could try what Bill Horan uses, cocktail sticks. You can carve them to any shape or profile you need then soak them in thin superglue. Bob
    Nap likes this.
  6. OLECHNICKI New Member

I just left my old barracks and I left my f*cking toothpicks (which I bought for that express purpose) in my drawer. Toothpick are surprisingly high demand right now so it doesn't look like i'll be ordering anymore of those at the moment.
    Still miffed about that.
  7. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nap likes this.
  8. OLECHNICKI New Member

9. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Try this...:

[IMG]

Cheers
    Nap likes this.
  10. OLECHNICKI New Member