1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

HELP! Shenandoah figures. Guns bent bad!

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Paul Marshall, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Paul Marshall Member

i just received two Shenandoah figures and as expected the guns are bent like the letter "U". Real nice. this will be my first attempt at metal figures so can anyone suggest a way to straighten the guns or should i contact the seller and ask him to send replacements. Thanks.
  2. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hi Paul. Shenandoah uses extremely high quality metal in their castings so straightening the parts is not difficult. I use a pair of flat jawed pliers and gently apply pressure perpendicular to the length of the weapon. Just move the jaws in overlapping "bites" from one end to the other. If this is too vague send me a pm and I will do better. But no need to return the parts.
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    It's a pain I know but that happens sometimes. Those rifles should easily bend back for you. Good thing they were not made of resin. ~Gary
  4. Paul Marshall Member

Thanks Steve and Gary

i'll give it a go tomorrow and hope to have them ready for the Gettysburg show. thanks again guys.
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great Paul, looking forward to seeing you at the show. I have a feeling this is going to be a good one. ~Gary
  6. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I wrap a handkerchief around the metal parts first so the pliers don't mark it