1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Help please .....Airbrush cleaning and mediums allowed

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Dolf, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Dolf Well-Known Member

Portugal
    Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for the reply (y)

I was talking with a guy today, that uses for instance a Tamiya primer (Tamiya Surface Primer Red Oxide 180ml Spray) for some of his armor models.
    Did some research and apparently this Tamiya primer is a lacquer-based one. But I think Vallejo, Ammo Mig Jimenez, or AK Interactive, all have acrylic primers that are used with an airbrush.

"I'm embarking on painting my first piece of armour in 30 yrs (COVID madness taking hold;))"

I intend to embark on a similar journey soon as well. And also after some 30+ years not assembling, nor painting 1/35 scale armor or figures... Will see how it goes... :eek:
    The goal is to make a diorama using a old Italeri Sturmgeshütz IV, Sd. Kfz. 163, and recreate some scene probably from the Battle of Cassino. Already got a tank crew for it, hopefully it will work :)

"I've been watching a number of Youtube videos (Dave Brown and Dave Forest at Hornet Hobbies have been the most informative)."

Same here! Been watching quite a few Airbrushing tutorials, and a lot of modeling & painting miniatures videos on YT lately :joyful:

Didn't have that Channel you mention on my favorites yet (I guess it's this one: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU6q2gl-gbDVeJ_hXuboc3Q/videos ), but it's now on the list to watch ;)

Thanks! (y)

Cheers!