1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Help needed with colour choice

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by PaultheMilitaryModeller, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Hi

At W&P I picked up a Sovereign2000 bust of a British Infantryman from the Devonshire Rgt, and I need a bit of help with the base colour to use for the Tunic. I would normally use a Khaki for the battle Dress but the box are shows it to be a sand colour so I am thinking perhaps its a figure from the North African or Italy campaign, if it is what colour would be best for the battle dress jacket pref in Vallejo but I can convert from others.

This is the one

[IMG]

Thanks

Paul
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    German camo beige, or English uniform (khaki)lightened with Iraqi sand.
    Carl.
  3. Dave - LastCav Active Member

United-States
    Paul - I agree with Carl.

Dave
  4. Helm A Fixture

England
    Depends which battalion of the Devons you want to paint it as some were in the Far East, Burma etc as well. I know some were also airborne (presumably gliders) as well
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  5. montythefirst Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    The battledress he is wearing was on available in Khaki so Carl's colours are spot on, but this uniform wasn't just used in western Europe it was also worn in North Africa as well as Khaki Drill uniform I know this for a fact as my late Grandfather served in the 8th army, it was also worn by troops in Italy. The battledress would not transfer to far east soldier's without significant conversion, you could paint him up as an airborne troop but the helmet is wrong as both glider and paratroops wore the helmet pictured.

[IMG]