1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Help Needed- SAS 1/35 scale

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Akritas, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Akritas Active Member

Cyprus
    Greetings to all. I was wondering whether someone can point me to the right direction? I want to build a small vignette with an SAS jeep in Africa. Can someone suggest any companies which produce 1/35 SAS figures?

Cheers
    Nicolas:)
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Akritas likes this.
  3. Akritas Active Member

Cyprus
    Thanks Carl. I will check these out.

Regards
    N. (y)
  4. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Carl,
    I don't believe the LRDG are SAS but a different unit that helped the SAS navigate the desert. I could be wrong. But New World Miniatures did make a couple of SAS jeep personal.
    Cheers
    John
    Akritas likes this.
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    You're right there John. ;)
    I thought as both units had a rather relaxed attitude to uniform, the LRDG would be suitable too.
    Cheers,
    Carl.(y)
    Akritas likes this.
  6. kidsbday7 Active Member

United-States
    Akritas likes this.
  7. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Tamiya do a great 1/35th scale SAS Jeep kit and a LRDG Chevy Truck. I think Esci also did a kit called the Commando Car, which was essentially the same Jeep vehicle. I'd go for the Tamiya version if you have a choice.

Although SAS and LRDG operated in the same theatre and performed equally amazing feats by penetrating long distances behind enemy lines, they did perform different missions/ functions. They were not the same units, although they did often collaborate with each other.
    Akritas likes this.
  8. Akritas Active Member

Cyprus
    Guys many many thanks to all for your valuable feedback. :)
    I will basing my vignette on the Tamiya Jeep, with a conversion set from Legend Productions.
    I will combine the Evolution SAS figures with one of either Swash Design or New World Miniatures, the latter appearing to be excellent casts.
    Look out for the Vbench thread(y)

Cheers
    Nicolas
  9. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Nicolas,
    I look forward to seeing it. I have a fondness for the SAS jeep having done two 1/35th and one 1/16.
    Cheers
    John
  10. Akritas Active Member

Cyprus
    So do I John including Jeeps used by British Paras during the 2nd World War. I have built a couple using Resicast conversion sets and figures(y)
  11. callmehobbes Active Member

England
    Masterbox brought out a desert SAS/LRDG kit a short while ago. Nice figures by the look of them.