1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Help Me Get A 3d Printer

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by RKapuaala, Oct 6, 2012.

1. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    I animated my Einstein sculpt a little and put together this scene and uploaded it to youtube. I monitized with the hopes that it would go viral and bring me some much needed cash to buy a 3D printer.
    You can help by sharing it with all your friends and having them and you click on all the ads you see on it.
    Its just 16 seconds of a scene. I would texture the figure, but it already takes a great deal of time to render just as it is :)
  2. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Well,,, so far I have gotten zilch cooperation from even my closests friends,,, Oh, well, it is still fun animating. Helps me feel sort of like I'm fulfilling my boyhood dream of a scale robotic GI Joe that has a small amount of AI in it,,, at least enough to avoid walls and take simple orders.
    Here is my latest installment. I really wish I could texture this guy but I added some lighted scenes in here that were 15 seconds long and took over 8 hours to render!!!!
  3. mash3d Member

What are you animating and rendering it in? Those render should really take that long now days.
    Unless you have Global illumination on and a high Anti-aslising setting.
  4. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    Mash, I'm using DAZ3d for animation and rendering. In the 15 second clip that took over 8 hours I did 458 frames at 30 frames a second. There was on one spot light and one linear point light. I rendered over a green background and composited the moving background in using Corel VideoStudio5
  5. mash3d Member

6. RKapuaala Active Member

United-States
    mash I rendered at 1920 x 1080
    Standard HD format.
    And you are right if I were rendering a complex scene. But the only textureing is on the colomuns and the bubble and their are no bump maps or displacements maps or reflection maps or any other maps what so ever. There are just 2 lights, and default materials settings.
    I also can't afford to have my one good computer tied up in rendering all day just for my personal enjoyment of rendering,,, I have to many other things I enjoy doing on it :)