1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Help! Is there anybody know this?

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by UNFORGIVEN, Jul 18, 2012.

1. UNFORGIVEN Member

China
    hello,Is there anybody can teld me, what is white part(the pad for paint)? It is seems water(or paint) can float on this pad.

I am confused.

1.JPG
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Wings5797 likes this.
  3. Einion Well-Known Member

Yep, that's a homemade stay-wet palette. I would highly recommend trying one if you're using any kind of acrylic paint, they're excellent and can save a lot of paint drying out during use.

It's a great idea to make your own if you can as it is far far cheaper than any of the commercial types. The plastic container and the reservoir to hold water are simple, the main difficulty you might have is the paper that will become the palette surface as not all baking parchment is the same. I'm not even sure if this is commonly available where you are in China?

If you do have trouble locating baking parchment something else you might try is good-quality tracing paper or tracing parchment, which can work well for this (but no guarantees, sorry).

Einion
  4. Akritas Active Member

Cyprus
    Guys, is there something similar for oil paints i.e. oily palette :)??
    Before I used to place my oil paints in the refrigerator but now that I am married, my wife won't cut my any slack.;)
    Any suggestions?
    Cheers
    Nicolas.
  5. Gary D PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Nicolas, there are disposable paint pallets. They come like pages in a book. Just tear out a page and have fun. One side is shiny and the other dull. I use them all the time. You can put them in a food storage container and put them in the freezer if necessary. When done with them just throw them away. You can buy them in any art supply store.
    http://www.dickblick.com/products/blick-studio-disposable-palette-pads/
    Gary
  6. Akritas Active Member

Cyprus
    Cheers Gary. I think this will do the trick.
  7. UNFORGIVEN Member

China
    Nice Carl,I will do a homemade pad following your links, thanks a lot
    @Einion, Yes as your said the key point is surface paper I will try some local baking paper and to find which one is the best.
    @ All, thanks all of your comments