1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Help from nature

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by SRP, Oct 22, 2010.

1. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi all...thought I'd post this one to show what can be achieved with natural mosses and stuff growing out there. I can often be found scraping bits of mossy stuff off old walls etc..its amazing what you can find out there. It usually dries out after a couple of days...and can be used neat...or in this case..painted black then drybrushed various greens and reds...hope this is of some use...SRP all moss/grass shown is from garden...no static stuff here.....!!

Attached Files:

tissibzh, John Bowery and gordy like this.
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Steven,

Thanks for sharing these pics. Nothing like real garden matter to replicate scale plants and vegetation. When you compare them to store bought materials, there's simply no comparison, especially for low level vegetation.
  3. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    and price Tony...!!!!! You just can't buy any thing more realistic can you...?
  4. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Very cool stuff Steven, as Tony says, you cant beat natural vegetation for your base work, and your mosses look very real indeed. I always use natural over bought stuff. The only problem being that here in Australia, its very hard to get due to the dry climate.
    Ben
  5. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Our crap weather in this country has it's compensations ............
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Let you dry it before using.
    Do you paint it??
    How long will it stay that way?/

Marc
  7. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    The moss usually dries out in a day or two in a warm area. Sometimes I don't paint it...but when I do I spray it black...then build up the color with greens and reds brushed on..or if you have an airbrush...lightly spray greens up to yellows...I find it stays ok for good....hope this helps.
  8. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Steven,
    Thanks for the info.
    Cheers
    John