1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Help Contacting Metal Models

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by skeeterbuck, Jul 11, 2022.

1. skeeterbuck Active Member

United-States
    I have a Metal Modeles Kit (Cuirassier du 7'eme rgt. 1805 kit C7CUIR) that I recently purchased. Upon opening it I found that a piece was missing.
    It's understanding that Atelier Maket has the line now so I tried contacting them using their contact information. My message using their email address comes back "unable to deliver" and their contact from on the site has a Recaptcha "I am not a robot" that even when it's checked will not allow the message to go through.
    As a final thought, I joined their Facebook page and messaged the administrator requesting help but never received a reply.

I would appreciate any help or ideas on how to get through to them.

Thanks! Chuck
  2. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Need to try the seller first really. Stores will have contacts that they can speak to.
  3. skeeterbuck Active Member

United-States

That's not a option for me because I purchased the kit at a show and if it was a dealer, I don't remember which one.
  4. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    It is quite possible that they have been busy at the world expo, my experience of the company in the past has always been positive.
  5. skeeterbuck Active Member

United-States
    I could understand if the contact info was being received but they were just not responding, but all my indications are that they are not allowing any contact info to be received.
  6. IronMike A Fixture

What part is missing?
  7. Hawk_Uk PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

They were not at the World Expo

To be honest there were very few Historical Miniature manufacturers at the show.
  8. skeeterbuck Active Member

United-States

The helmet plume
  9. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    That's very disappointing to hear John.
    Hawk_Uk likes this.
  10. IronMike A Fixture

If you have a pic of the one that was supposed to be in the kit I can look around to see if I have one in my spares box.
    Nap likes this.
  11. skeeterbuck Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the offer Mile. I don't have a pic of the one that's supposed to come in the kit. This is the only kit that I have by Metal Modeles. Here's a pic from their website showing the figure I have if it'a any help. I'm really at a loss as to why I can't contact them. I have even messaged them through the forum here and nothing. I hope that everything is going OK with them and that's it's just a simple oversight somehow.
    Chuck
    P.S. If their are any members here that possibly live in Switzerland near them that could inquire in person, that would be appreciated.
    [IMG]
  12. skeeterbuck Active Member

United-States
    This has really become frustrating. This is the first time I've ever been totally ignored by a figure company. As of the writing I have emailed the company twice. The first was returned with a "failure to deliver notice" but the 2nd went through. I've also had my daughter email them on my behalf that also has receive no reply. I have tried using their website contact page and it doesn't work. I joined their Facebook Page and sent 2 messages to Gilles Guiot the administrator of the site and the current owner of Metal Modeles with no response. He is still posting on Facebook so I replied to one of his post asking for contact info and I have also messaged him here on this forum, all with no response.

I realize that I'm just one small fish in a big pond but I'm through with them. (n)
  13. Banjer A Fixture

England
    Terrible customer service. I wonder if they are discontinuing this piece as they show only one available on their website.

This does not excuse the total lack of curtesy by way of a reply.

Bill
    skeeterbuck likes this.
  14. skeeterbuck Active Member

United-States
    Update info: I finally heard back from Gilles Guiot the current owner of Metal Modeles. He apologized for the delay in responding to my request and asked for my shipping info so he can send the part. I have sent my info and he indicated that he received it with a "thumbs up". I have my fingers crossed that the part will arrive soon and I can move this "project" to the front of the line.

Chuck
    Nap, Billy Dickinson and Forté like this.
  15. Banjer A Fixture

England
    All's well that ends well. Let's hope he is good to his word but why all the aggravation?

Bill
  16. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I have absolute faith in Gilles and the company, can only assume that something untoward prevented the response..he will be good as his word l assure you.

Keith
    Nap likes this.
  17. Nap Moderator

England

Totally agree a great guy

Look forward to seeing Chucks arrive and the figure here on PF

Nap
  18. skeeterbuck Active Member

United-States
    Aa a final update, I received a small package in the mail. It was a pack of assorted Metal Modeles plumes. Gilles came through as promised. :)

Chuck
    Banjer likes this.
  19. Nap Moderator

England

Nice to hear this look forward to seeing more on the figure

Happy benchtime

Nap