1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hello to all

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Jody Hoffman, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Jody Hoffman New Member

United-States
    I am new here and I look forward to sharing ideas and seeing each others projects. I work on mostly George Armstrong Custer and the 7th cavalry & Native American figures. I have several B&M 7th cavalry kits I put together and painted as well as kits I picked up here and there in 54mm & 75mm scale. I am currently working on a 1/72 scale Battle of the Little Big Horn diorama. It focuses on battle Ridge and last stand Hill, I have had to purchase Imex & Lucky Toys and Revell figures in order to have enough figures and I am customizing the Custer figures to cut down on the same poses being repeated. The base measures 4'x3' it includes the Little Big Horn river and part of the Indian village. I have 225 cavalry troopers mounted & dismounted & 30 cavalry mounts & I have 800 Lakota and Cheyenne warriors mounted and unmounted plus 200 mounts. It has been evolving over 2 years. I started with last stand Hill only but I was able to buy more kits really cheap and it went from there. The little 1" troopers have 5 different colors to be authentic. I decided that I am making a coffee table with glass top and sides to display this. Thanks for listening to my long into. Glad to be here
  2. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Howdy Jody, and welcome to the Planet. Be sure to post some pics of your project(y)!

Joe
    winfield likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Jody

BIG WELCOME to PF good to have you here with us

Look forward to seeing your work ....the project sounds amazing

Any questions do message me or post the question

Nap
  4. Jody Hoffman New Member

United-States
    Thank you all for the welcome! I will definitely be posting pictures of my project
    Nap likes this.
  5. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  6. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Jody,
    Welcome aboard, now that coffee table will be a conversation piece, looking forward to seeing that one.
    cheers
    Richie
    Nap likes this.
  7. hotamitaneo New Member

Italy
    Hi Jody, we have the sake interest, could you send some pics of your work? Thanks, Hotamitaneo
    Nap likes this.
  8. Larsen E. Whipsnade Moderator

United-States
    Hi, Jody, and welcome to Planet Figure, the best miniatures site on the web. We're happy to have you with us and look forward to seeing your work.
    Rick
    Nap likes this.