1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hello Planteteers from OZ

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by stoffy01, Jul 19, 2015.

1. stoffy01 A Fixture

Australia
    Hello Planeteers,
    Just a quick intro, have been sitting on the sidelines of this forum for several years now and also non-committal to the hobby, but decided to get serious a couple of months back. It started in the seventies as a kid with airfix figures and kits, also loved watching all the old war movies and after many years discovered that it had never left me. My other interests lye in the arts, history and sports. So I'm looking forward to participating in the forums and meeting other members. Oh and I'm just posting this one up for Richie and co.
    Stoffy uploadfromtaptalk1437286300069.jpg
    Richie and garyhiggins like this.
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Stoffy

There's a small group of Aussies here on pF and we're happy to welcome you to the ranks mate.
    stoffy01 likes this.
  3. Nap A Fixture

England
    Strewth Stoffy,

Welcome to the forum good to have you with us ,

What sort of things are you interested in , any particular period ...do tell us more about the shield ( the monkey will be happy) .

Tony is of course right we have a great group of Aussies , all doing great models and obviously more than enough for a BBQ!!

Looking forward to seeing more from you

Nap
    stoffy01 likes this.
  4. stoffy01 A Fixture

Australia
    Hi gents,
    Thanks for the welcome Tony and Nap. As you can see I've got this lovely looking shield up on the Lounge room wall, the wife got it for my birthday last year all the way from an african arts markets. She's about 1.5m in total, not the wife. I've always had a great fascination in the Zulu and Napoleonic periods as well as WII. That's not to say I don't appreciate other periods either, bit that's what seems to be what I gravitate towards. I'm doing a slight conversion of a 120mm verlinden 24th foot figure as a starter, probably from what I've read not a bad size to start with, its posted in the first time part of the site. Have bought some vallejo paints so it's first time for a few things with me. I'm enjoying the painting I have an arts background so it's not completely foreign to me. I'm up in Queensland so I'm looking forward to attending the QMHE next month as well.
    Tubby-Nuts2, Richie and napoleonpeart like this.
  5. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Stoffy,
    Welcome aboard mate, as Tony said there is a small talented band of POM baiters to keep you company.:rolleyes: A lot of conversion possibilities with that Verlinden figure, look forward to seeing what you do. uSuthu!
    cheers
    Richie
    stoffy01 likes this.
  6. stoffy01 A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Richie, have to admit being a first gen Aussie to English parents I don't have as much of a hate factor to the poms as some of my fellow country men. I might do a bit of fence sittin.
  7. Macca G A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Stoffy, welcome aboard. When you come to QMHE come catch up with us at the QLD figure modellers club display. All of us are on PF and always on the lookout for like-minded enthusiasts
    stoffy01 likes this.
  8. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello from the states great bunch of people here
    stoffy01 likes this.
  9. stoffy01 A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Macca, will do mate thanks.
  10. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    My first thougts was that you were writing from Oswald State Correctional Facility ( OZ), than reading some answers, it seems you are from Australia .
    Nowaday, welcome
    stoffy01 likes this.
  11. stoffy01 A Fixture

Australia
    Not far off?
  12. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Greetings Stoffy, and welcome to the Planet (y)!

Joe
    stoffy01 likes this.
  13. Graham PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Welcome to PF Stoffy. Nothing wrong with fence sitting so long as it doesn't have pointy bits on top :)
    stoffy01 likes this.
  14. swralph A Fixture

hello Stoffy and welcome to PF.
    Ralph.
    stoffy01 likes this.