1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hello from the Isle of Wight

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Jabberwocky, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Jabberwocky New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hello everyone, I'm getting back into modelling after a short break of 51 years and I think the route I've chosen is one you may not of seen before. I have 12 beat up plastic Wood pigeon decoys that I'm going to practise air brushing with acrylics to as realistic standard as possible. Small beer compared to some of the art work on this site but a start. Looking at some of the work in the galleries has inspired me to try again from where I left off modelling miniatures in the 70's ( Airfix kits, enamel paints you get the picture)
    So I'll paint the decoys , try to con the real pigeons (Not hard) and advance from there.

Laters!
    theBaron and oldtrousers like this.
  2. Larsen E. Whipsnade Moderator

United-States
    Beware the jabberwock, my son, the jaws that bite, the claws that catch.
    Beware the jubjub bird and shun the frumious bandersnatch.

Hello, Jabberwocky, and welcome to Planet Figure, the best miniatures site on the net. We're happy to have you with us and look forward to seeing your work.
    Rick
    Jabberwocky likes this.
  3. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Paul

A BIG WELCOME to PF

PF is for all figures with or without additions like pidgeons , planes/AFV etc and for all levels

Great to have you with us , ( I only do busts ! )....share the PF word , all are very welcome to join ..no matter what's modelled with figures, fantasy , warhammer, war game figures

Have a good look around and enjoy

Do ask anything someone will know...feel free to message me with questions

Lots of different sections to look at including traditional and 3 D sculpting , competitions , WIP's , References , Painting techniques and so much more

There are threads in Welcome Aboard about how to do things including posting pics on PF but do contact me always happy to help

We have a Marketplace where after members have contributed 50+ posts can use to sell , request if anyone has a model to sell etc...You might also pick up some rather good bargains !

We have V Bench for WIP's and also a Completed part ,reference section

There's also Painting techniques where you will find much about Acrylics and Oils

ALL figures are welcome and of course Vignettes & Diorama ( we run friendly competitions if you wish as well , one which is a bi monthly comp where there are 3 classes to choose in which to enter )

Look forward to seeing your modelling no matter what you paint .......its all about having fun

Happy bench-time

Nap ( Moderator/Admin )
    Jabberwocky likes this.
  5. Jabberwocky New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Nap, lots to learn on here and looking forward to it.
    Nap likes this.
  6. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome to the Planet, Jabberwocky! Isle of Wight, eh? If it's not too dear.... (Beatles reference! :D)

I look forward to seeing everything and anything you're working on, including those decoys! You never know where you might pick up some tip or bit of information, and I'm always curious to see the techniques or mechanics of what everyone does.

Prost!
    Brad
    Nap and Jabberwocky like this.