1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hello from Tennessee

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Raphaelthedeacon, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Raphaelthedeacon New Member

United-States
    Greetings

I got into scale modelling a few years ago by building the last kit I build over Christmas break as a kid: Monogram P-51. My family had just been to the USAF Museum in Dayton Ohio and my son was completely into all things military vehicle.

Since then I have mostly built prop-planes. Recently I've been moving away from real-world military toward Sci-Fi and What-If kinds of things, especially with an eye to scratch-building and kit-bashing.

Very recently I've been bitten by the diorama bug and now can't wait to get building on various dioramas with figures.

So here I am.

Most of the subjects I'm interested in will be sci-fi, fantasy and whimsical. But techniques transcend subject and I'm anxious to learn.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there Raphael

A BIG ŴELCOME to PF from me

Great to have you with us

Do ask any questions someone will know

Lots of different sections to look at including traditional and 3 D sculpting , competitions , WIP's , References , Painting techniques and so much more

There are threads in Welcome Aboard about how to do things on PF but feel free to message me always happy to help

Look forward to seeing your work

ALL figures are welcome and of course Vignettes & Diorama ( we run a competition as well )

Happy bench-time

Nap ( Moderator )
  3. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  4. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome to the Planet, looking forward to seeing some of your work.
    Steve
    Nap likes this.