1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hello from Switzerland

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Huw63, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Huw63 A Fixture

Hello

As a newbie here I’d better introduce myself.

Originally from Wales but have lived in Switzerland for over a decade now. My other hobby of motorcycling led me here after meeting a wonderful woman who’s now my long-suffering wife.

I’ve been modelling for around 40 years but have had a number of quiet periods due to travelling, work, starting a family etc. but have been hoarding material all these years. Over the years I’ve collected a reasonable library concerning Napoleonic uniforms and at one time eve got involved in re-enactment to learn more about the weapons drill etc.

My main interest is in the Napoleonic era with World War 2 a second. I am a long-standing Historex fan but also love the figures of Andrea, Metal Modeles and Pegaso. Attractive sculptures from any era tempt me too. Whilst principally a figure fan (French heavy Cavalry being my principle interest) I also make armour but see machines as more a background for figures.

I think that’s enough of an introduction to put people to sleep. I hope to have time to participate and contribute to this forum.

Hope to see/ hear from you soon.
    Huw
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Welcome aboard Huw, pleased to meet you, have a great visit and many more! (y)
  3. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Hew,
    Quite a varied interest in subjects you have there
    Nice to meet you mate.
    Gells
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    How do Huw.
    Glad you've joined, and look forwards to seeing you work.
    Carl.(y)
  5. Jas Madahar New Member

United-Kingdom
    Huw,

Looks like I'll be asking a lot of questions from you as I begin to learn to paint!

Jas:)
  6. Huw63 A Fixture

Thank you all for your good wishes