1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hello From New Jersey

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Marne Rock Star, May 10, 2020.

1. Marne Rock Star Active Member

Hi Everybody,

I just joined. For the past 15 years or so I have been concentrating on armor, and publishing books and articles in that arena. But recently I decided to get back into figures. I always visit Planet Figure but never felt I should post anything here. There are true artists here.

I like to go to the shows and sometimes I enter something in a figure show. But mostly I am in awe at the artistry at such shows as MFCA. I was at the World Show in Scotland 20 years ago, and I have been to Euromilitaire. Maybe one day I can get back to Europe and visit a show.

When it comes to figures my main interest are American Civil War, Napoleonic, and Medieval. I posted a Civil War in-progress vignette earlier. With the pandemic, I have pulled out some of my Napoleonic stuff and started prepping to paint them up. We shall see how that goes.

A few things that I have done over the years.

Thanks for looking.

Bob

0.jpg 90355483_10157360551163212_563287232908099584_n.jpg 8-1.JPG booker.jpg gren.jpg 000000.jpg 12377972_10153409773923212_2581266692120252383_o.jpg 12356996_10153409769383212_1591004433148696728_o.jpg
  2. Marne Rock Star Active Member

A couple of old figure vignettes.

image.jpeg 3FF42018-9ABB-4DDB-B672-4DF62DD90187.jpeg
    marco55 and Nap like this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Bob

A BIG WELCOME to PF

Good to have you with us , all are encouraged to post

Anything figure related, with figures , vignettes,diorama's , all types of figures

Sone nice looking pieces there thanks for sharing them , look forward to seeing more

Do PM me if I can ve of further help

Happy benchtime

Stay safe

Nap
    Marne Rock Star likes this.
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Pleased to meet you Bob.
    Nice selection.(y)
  5. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome to the Planet, Bob! You have some nice pieces there, and I look forward to seeing more of them.

We may have met each other at MFCA without knowing it, too. We should make sure to introduce ourselves next year.

Prost!
    Brad
  6. Marne Rock Star Active Member

Brad, yes, certainly. I usually do not enter anything. So you would not see my stuff. I don't like the ordinance categories and that is what my stuff usually qualifies as. No credit for the composition or anything like that. I tend to do dios and vignettes. And I'm afraid my 5th NY Civil War vignette is not up to anybody's standards either. But I love walking around and seeing the great art that is there - and shopping for stuff too. Being from Princeton makes that drive to the show really easy.
  7. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Greetings! My in-laws live in Berlin... Welcome aboard mate
  8. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  9. marco55 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Welcome from a fellow NJ bro.(y)
    Mark
  10. fafo Member