Hello from NC

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Jim F, May 9, 2019.

1. Jim F New Member

Guess I'm doing this 'bass ackwards', since I posted about paint mixers 1st, but nayway...

Although I did paint 1/35 Tamiya WWII figures to go with vehicle models about 40+ years ago, I will say I am new to figure painting, as I really don't think my efforts back then would count :)

Got hooked on WWI modelling after finding the IPMS Great War SIG about a year ago, along with finding out about Wingnut Kits. My primary focus is the RNAS, for some reason. Have also decided I have not the room for 1/32 aircraft models, other than the Felixstowe I am slowly working on. So aircraft scale has dropped to 1/48 and 1/72 (the smaller, for a couple of dioramas I have in mind), figure scale will remain a combo of all 3 scales, as the mood strikes.

Hope to learn a lot from the folks doing the excellent work shown on here.

Also, a question, does one have to have been on the forum for a certain amount of time, or have posted a certain number, before one can post in the FS/Wanted section?

Thanks.

Jim F
    oldtrousers and Nap like this.
  2. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Jim

BIG WELCOME to PF , good to have your with us

Lots of fun here and all are willing to help

Have a look at Elan 13 , Rob Lane does some great pilots including RNAS

As for FS/Wanted it's called Marketplace here , members need to have a minimum of 50 posts in order to use it , this was put in place to have me,very contribute rather than just use PF as a shop

Have a look in the Welcome Aboard part

If there is anything I can help with do ask

Happy benchtime

Nap
  3. DRUMS01 Member

Hello and welcome from another "newbie".

Ben
  4. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Welcome among us
  5. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Pleased to meet you Jim.(y)
  6. Tony Dawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Jim,

Welcome to pF. No doubt you'll be excited to see Meng's new RNAS Rolls Royce armoured car kit that recently came out. Its a beauty.