1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!
  2. Submissions for October Figure of the Month (FOTM) are now open. Visit the FOTM forum to enter a model or see entries and vote! FOTM October

Hello from NC

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Jim F, May 9, 2019.

1. Jim F New Member

Guess I'm doing this 'bass ackwards', since I posted about paint mixers 1st, but nayway...

Although I did paint 1/35 Tamiya WWII figures to go with vehicle models about 40+ years ago, I will say I am new to figure painting, as I really don't think my efforts back then would count :)

Got hooked on WWI modelling after finding the IPMS Great War SIG about a year ago, along with finding out about Wingnut Kits. My primary focus is the RNAS, for some reason. Have also decided I have not the room for 1/32 aircraft models, other than the Felixstowe I am slowly working on. So aircraft scale has dropped to 1/48 and 1/72 (the smaller, for a couple of dioramas I have in mind), figure scale will remain a combo of all 3 scales, as the mood strikes.

Hope to learn a lot from the folks doing the excellent work shown on here.

Also, a question, does one have to have been on the forum for a certain amount of time, or have posted a certain number, before one can post in the FS/Wanted section?

Thanks.

Jim F
    oldtrousers and Nap like this.
  2. Nap Forum Moderator

England
    Hi Jim

BIG WELCOME to PF , good to have your with us

Lots of fun here and all are willing to help

Have a look at Elan 13 , Rob Lane does some great pilots including RNAS

As for FS/Wanted it's called Marketplace here , members need to have a minimum of 50 posts in order to use it , this was put in place to have me,very contribute rather than just use PF as a shop

Have a look in the Welcome Aboard part

If there is anything I can help with do ask

Happy benchtime

Nap
  3. DRUMS01 Member

Hello and welcome from another "newbie".

Ben
  4. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Welcome among us
  5. housecarl Forum Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Pleased to meet you Jim.(y)
  6. Tony Dawe PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Hi Jim,

Welcome to pF. No doubt you'll be excited to see Meng's new RNAS Rolls Royce armoured car kit that recently came out. Its a beauty.