1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hello from Germany

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Klaus not Santa, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Hi there,

I'm "Klaus, not Santa", a 56year old German :-P
    I started the hobby of miniatures in 2007 when my nephew started collecting WH 40K figures. My start wasn't so much for painting, but rather building my own stuff.
    I quickly started to scratch-build my models (mostly WH40K tanks) and they became larger and larger.
    Unfortunately I'm much like a honey bee - "oh this is a nice flower...oh over there another one...oh look!..."
    And so I have a lot of started and abandoned projects much to the chagrin and frustration to anyone following my posts. Diagnosed with recurring depression I quite often lose my mojo and drop off the internet for a few weeks.
    But luckily the hobby (so far) always comes back to me and I continue.

If you're interested in some of my old stuff, here's how it all started: DEI GRECI: 1. A new Project (fischers-design-shop.blogspot.com)

My largest project was the ATHENA - a steampunk airship for WH40K
    DEI GRECI: ATHENA (fischers-design-shop.blogspot.com)
    _MG_7573.JPG

After that I did several dioramas or rather battle scenes - usually with "cinematic effects"
    IMG_0471.JPG

IMG_2522.JPG

Another part of my hobby then became sculpting, like this Dragon Princess
    IMG_5090.JPG

and finally back to models and busts.
    Usually I didn't do anything "out of the box" and instead gave these scenes my own touch.
    ICE WARRIORS
    IMG_9561.JPG

ETHERNAL STRUGGLE
    _MG_8096.JPG

GOTHICA
    _MG_8044.JPG

SISTER THORNE
    Sister-Thorne2.jpg

And lately I got myself into 3D sculpting :D
    So my first real model is "Wilma"
    Wilma-final.jpg
    painted for a friend
    231242565_4283770458328000_416344593733445390_n.jpg

And so, besides a gazillion of other and abandoned projects I'm currently working on "Lady Cassandra" from Ritual Casting. Which is great fun to paint :)
    241309496_4358504894187889_7979415235157627180_n.jpg 241171064_4358504734187905_4030037093252799337_n.jpg

Well, that's it :D
    I try to post regularly on Facebook - (not) Santa's Workshop | Facebook
    and less frequently on Instagram - 241443056_4358829797488732_1449632028246344912_n.jpg

And hopefully I will be home here and post updates frequently.
    Cheers
    Klaus
  2. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Welcome Klaus. Very very impressive. The Steampunk airship is outstanding, just the right amount of steampunk vibe.
    Klaus not Santa likes this.
  3. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome Klaus. I find modelling/sculpting a brilliant distraction from depression, keeps the mind focused.
    Love your stuff and looks like you are a very busy man.
    Cheers
    Steve
  4. Larsen E. Whipsnade Moderator

United-States
    Wow! Very impressive body of work, Klaus. Glad to have you with us.
    Rick
  5. Thank you guys!
  6. Airkid A Fixture

England
    Welcome Klaus! I am seriously impressed with your stuff, especially Wilma and that airship - wow!

Phil
  7. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome to the Planet, Klaus, or servus! (bin Ehrenbayer) And what a wonderful intro! Those are some beautiful figures, but the airship is probably the crown jewel. Outstanding work! I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Prost!
    Brad
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Pleased to meet you Klaus.(y)
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Klaus

A BIG ŴELCOME to PF

What a introduction thread , very impressive indeed

Great to have you with us ....share the PF word , all are very welcome to join ..no matter what's modelled with figures

Do ask any questions someone will know

Lots of different sections to look at including traditional and 3 D sculpting , competitions , WIP's , References , Painting techniques and so much more

There are threads in Welcome Aboard about how to do things including posting pics on PF but feel free to message me always happy to help

We have V Bench for WIP's and also a Completed part ,reference section

There's also Painting techniques where you will find much about Acrylics and Oils

ALL figures are welcome and of course Vignettes & Diorama ( we run friendly competitions if you wish as well , one called FOTM where there are 3 classes to choose in which to enter )

Look forward to seeing your modelling no matter what you paint ..its all about having fun

Happy bench-time

Nap ( Moderator/Admin )
  10. Thank you all for the warm welcome!
    Nap likes this.
  11. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Nice job
    Welcome
  12. Livers New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Krause, from one newbie to another great work. I look forward to seeing more.