1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hello from Gainsborough U.K.

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by Richard61, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Richard61 Active Member

England
    Hi everyone.
    After looking in on the site once or twice in the past, I thought it was time I took the plunge and signed up. Another U.K member to swell the ranks (y)
    Getting a bit long in the tooth these days but I've been making models of one sort or another since I was still in short pants, apart from the obligatory break we all seem to take (around the time that members of the opposite sex become interesting) :whistle: ;)
    Figures have always been the weakest aspect of my modelling but they're the area I find myself being drawn to more and more these days. I've had a few half hearted attempts at altering/converting/butchering stock plastic figures in 1/35 but would really like to take my figure modelling to the next level in both painting and conversion and also branch out into the fantasy genre.
    All of the above seemed like pretty good reasons to step up to the plate and try and learn from some of you experts :) (and I enjoy the challenge of pushing my own limits) :nailbiting:
    I don't get too much bench time due to work commitments but will do my best to contribute when and where I'm able.
    Enough of my inane ramblings folks :sorry:

Richard.
    Karlosfandango likes this.
  2. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Welcome aboard Richard and hope you enjoy your stay.

Cheers Ken
  3. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Rich,
    Welcome aboard, have a great time lots of helpful resourceful folks on here only too willing to help.
    cheers
    Richie(y)
  4. Tubby-Nuts-REMOVED Guest

United-Kingdom
    Richard. You will be glad you joined, this sight is extremely helpful for developing your painting skills.(y)

Regards,

Mark
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Pleased to meet you Richard.
    Carl.(y)
  6. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi from another Rich!

Lots of help and advice here, plenty of inspiration to. ;)

Sent from my SoftwinerEvb using Tapatalk 2
  7. Richard61 Active Member

England
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys, it's much appreciated.
    Come the weekend I'll try and get some photos up of what I'm working on at the moment. It's a small four figure Vietnam based vignette using Verlinden figures with some light conversion work and one re-worked DML figure. This is intended mainly as a painting exercise but on the back burner is a 90mm two figure fantasy piece I'm trying some major alterations on.
    My ultimate goal is to be able to sculpt a full figure which looks at least half decent (I believe in setting myself a high bar) :eek:........I had a go when I was much younger and my eyesight much better. Now I'll have to rely on the trusty optivisor but at least I have more patience these days
  8. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Richard,
    Nice to meet you mate.

Gells
  9. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Greetings Richard, and welcome to the Planet (y)!!

Joe
  10. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Richard
    Just took the plunge myself after a long break again
    Cheers Chris a Taff living in Somerset(y)
  11. Richard61 Active Member

England
    Gells, Joe and Chris.
    Thanks for the greetings guys (y) :)

Richard.
  12. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    How do Richard....welcome to pF
    Cheers
    Derek
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Richard,

A big WELCOME from me , enjoy PF ...look forward to seeing your posts

Nap
  14. Richard61 Active Member

England
    Derek and Nap.
    Thanks guys, it's good to feel wanted ;)

Nap.
    I fully intend to post my work as I go. Being a novice I know it's not up to the standard of many here but I also know that good constructive critique is the best way to improve. I'm not one of those people who only wants to hear how good they are or else they have a hissy-fit. :rolleyes:
    If my output is slow, it's due to the demands of my employer and/or my better half......Not lack of interest on my part. :D

Richard.
  15. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Welcome Richard.

Roger.
  16. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Richard,

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay on the Planet. Lots of friendly helpful advice for newbies and lots of positive and constructive comments to keep you motivated.
  17. Richard61 Active Member

England
    Roger and Tony.
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate the friendly welcome from everyone. It's a credit to the membership that you take the time to say "Hello"...... Makes me feel at home from the start. I can't do with sites that invite you to join and then treat you like a bad smell. :(
    It's a pleasure to be here. :) (y)

Richard.
    billyturnip and housecarl like this.