1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hello fellow modellers & Sculptors

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by RSDesign, Oct 2, 2010.

1. RSDesign New Member

United-States
    Well

Hello to all, I've been looking through this site for sometime now and a fine bunch of dedicated and gifted modellers and sculptors you all are.:cool:

I've been in the "Industry" for some years now designing and sculpting licensed and fantasy figurines, Enchantica anyone?
    Since redundancy, I'm a self employed "everything" may even be of use to some fine people on here! I look forward to being one of the gang;)

This is me!! www.robsimpsondesign.co.uk

All the best...;)
  2. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Rob,

Welcome to the Planet!

Love the Trumpton figures! (When does the copyright run out so you can cast 'em?)

You'll make friends for life here!

Cheers,
    Jon.
  3. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Welcome here Rob!

Cheers
    Janne Nilsson
  4. RSDesign New Member

United-States
    Thanks Chaps for the warm welcome, Jon, I sculpted the Trumpton figures while I was senior Designer at Royal Doulton, they were released under the Beswick label, I really enjoyed these, especially from my youth (my sons love it too!!) the only sad thing was Gordon Murray only communicated through an agency and I never got the chance to meet him. I still have Captain Snort in wax!! it was never released.

Friends for life....sounds good ;o)
  5. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Lello Rob, and pleased to meet you.
    Carl.
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Welcome to the gang Rob, planetFigure is full of helpful and great people, glad to have you aboard ! (y)

My 10 year old loves the clone rifle (he's a huge starwars fan!)
  7. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Welcome Rob! Enjoy!

All the best,
    Dan
  8. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal