1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hello All

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Brent Fordham, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Brent Fordham New Member

Canada
    I was happy to find this site after a friend (Mark, you know who you are), told me about it. We don't seem to have a big figure modelling community where I live, so having a place like this web site is great. Lots of inspiration and information to be found! I look forward to learning and improving.

Below is a 1/12 scale Jaguar figure (sculpted by Mike Good) that I finished a few years ago, and was my first. I haven't been very prolific, since I mainly build aircraft models, but I've never lost interest in figures. I hope to do some on a more regular basis in the near future.

[IMG]
  2. y_wong New Member

Hey Brent, let me be the first to welcome you to Planetfigure.

Your figures, Wyatt Earp and the fusilier grenadier, are very well done. Looking forward to more from you in the near future.

regards
  3. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hello Brent and welcome to Planet Figure...that's a nice piece of work on the bust (y)..keep up the good work and hope to see more

Roy.
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work on your 1st bust Brent. It is also a favorite of mine I did years ago.
  5. Evan August New Member

Welcome Brent! Awesome Wyatt Earp.
  6. Lancer Active Member

Hey Brent
    Glad to see you found us! :) Now if I can break you of that nasty aircraft habit, we can turn you into a true modeller!! :lol: Always liked your Wyatt Earp, you should bring it to the next club meeting, give the armor guys someone else to pick on! :lol:
    See ya round!
    Cheers
    Mark
  7. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    That's damn good! Really good! Welcome
  8. Brent Fordham New Member

Canada
    Thanks for all the kind comments folks.

IRT Gray: Thanks for the suggestions. I remember seeing the first pilot in a magazine a year or so ago (with the long leather coat) and thinking how extremely well done the leather effect was. I think that there was also a good looking aviation type figure in the Military Modelling Euro Militaire special. It was posed on a wing root and partial fuselage. Very inspirational.

IRT Mark: If I didn't already have the nasty aircraft modelling habit, I'd never have picked up the nasty figure modelling habit (somehow, they seem to cost me about the same regardless of how many projects I actually manage to complete) :lol:
  9. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Don't feel bad Brent. I just recently got bitten by the aircraft bug (haven't done it in over 20 years!) and am buying up kits that I sold off 15 years ago! (can you say-duh).

At least plastic seems to be much cheaper than figures :eek: :lol:
  10. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Welcome aboard! Nice work! (y)