1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hecktgrau and Feldgrau 1916

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Black Army, May 7, 2017.

1. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    Hello All,

This is my last work.
    In the First World War used the Austro-Hungarian Army many different colours by the uniforms. In the first part of the war was the blueish Hechtgrau the basic tone, and later comes the grey-green, or more grey (?) Feldgrau (not the same as the German uniform). But the basic tones had many shades, you can’t say this, or this colour was the Hechtgrau or the Feldgrau. I tried here making a mix and presentation of the middle wartime uniforms. A trench scene shows the eastern front in 1916. I hope you like it and you can find more wip pictures on my Facebook site.

The used figures: Our 35-32 Austro-Hungarian General, and a very old Hecker und Goros Artillery officer, both in Scale 1/35
    kész1.jpg .
    kész3.jpg kész4.jpg kész5.jpg netre (3).jpg netre (4).jpg

Thanks for looking

Balzacs
  2. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Very well done! I like the woven saplings and wooden box used to make the fire step. And I'm glad to see that the trench is deep enough!

You're right about the many different shades of 'grau' found in Austro-Hungarian uniforms. Some even approached the more green than grey Italian 'grigio verde', which itself was found in different shades. Take a look at the Forum/Uniform Reference for WW1 infantry of AH and Italy.

Keep up the good work - what's next?

All the best,
    Dan
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent job on these two.

Marc
    anstontyke likes this.
  4. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nicely done. I'm going to need to add that AH general to my collection at some time; I didn't know it even existed
    anstontyke likes this.
  5. Huw63 A Fixture

Excellent work and educational too. Well done.

Cheers

Huw
    anstontyke likes this.
  6. KuK_Grenadier PlanetFigure Supporter

Austria
    I too like these two!
    Great colors you've mixed. Congratulations.
    And (of course) because they are austrian-hungarians.;)

Christian
    anstontyke likes this.
  7. Andrew Belsey A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great model and I love your revetment. I done some of the woven branches for myself and made some for Tommy's War, which was much harder as it had to be able to cast.
    Andy B
    anstontyke likes this.
  8. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Nice decal with the hole in shape of a heart ;) Like the scene
    anstontyke likes this.
  9. rossbach PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    I like that little trench scene very much(y)
    anstontyke and Osebor like this.
  10. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    Thank you All!

Earlier I didn’t have too much interest to the WWI subject. Of course we hadn’t enough publications about it, or only about the battles, memoires so about the main history. But after the 100th anniversary also in Hungary and in Austria was published many books about the everyday life of the soldiers and what more important is, about uniforms and equipments. In this subject you could find fewer books about the WWII times.
    Next I will built and paint a 75mm Scale (if I remember well) K.u.K. soldier in overcoat in field equipment. I don’t know the firm, I bought the figure from Herr Goros in Vienna, and I think the figure comes from the Czech Rebublic in a simple paper box. (Not a copy, this is the original box.)
    Well not a well-known figure of course, you should hunt if you need a good set from this period.
    But before this soldier I will paint an Ulan bust of the Polish Legion of the Austro-Hungarian Army. We will release it, the sculptor was my Croatian friend Darko Prenosil (Pokrad) from this forum, who works in 3D.

Cheers!
    anstontyke and Huw63 like this.
  11. Filipe Well-Known Member

Brazil
    I see that I will make another order in the near future...:D
    anstontyke and Black Army like this.
  12. dinovision79 Active Member

Very good Balazs! Great painting and setting, is the base commercial?
    anstontyke likes this.
  13. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    Thank you Dénes! I wont be able to mold this base in this form :sneaky: So, now it was just for fun.
    anstontyke likes this.
  14. Chris Ribchester A Fixture

England
    A very well done dio.

Chris