1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

head of the beast finished

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gforceman, Dec 22, 2004.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi all,

I finished this figure some time ago, but due to the bussy periode this time of year I hadn't time to post some pics. So here they are. The figure is in whitemetal, 54mm high by Andrea. The oil drum is by Resicast, the helmet by Warriors, the shoe by Verlinden en the small rat by Plus models. There is also a German newspaper hidden in the groundwork, but this doesn't show on the pics. This was by Alexander the Great, but I don't know if they still are in production? All is mounted on a custom made base by D.M.C. designs. All is painted in acryllics. As always I would love to hear all your comments, critism, etc...

Merry christmas and have a splendid newyear,

Gino

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic scene Gino..............both the figure and the base enhance each other. (y) (y) (y)
  3. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Beautifully done Gino. The face is very expressive and perfect for the scene. The only thing I noticed, and I don't mean this as a criticism, just an observation, he could probably be dustier/dirtier.
  4. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Brilliant Gino, nothing else to say...

Dave
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Gino,

As i said at the club last thuesday it is magnificent. Beautifull etc.
    As i see now the pics, your fotografy is going also with giant steps forward ;)

Marc
  6. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Gino,

I would have to say this is by far your best work. I think you have done a nice job in all areas. I really like the look of the whole scene. Congratulations on a nice job.

Joe
  7. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Excellent, Gino. Figure is very well painted. And, the composition and base are really eye catching.

Keith
  8. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    All I can say is WOW! Simple but dramatic.
  9. georges64 Member

France
    Magnifico (y) Gino!
    From here (in front of the screen ;) ) one would almost hear it laugh so much it is realistic .
    cheers
    georges64
  10. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Very nice indeed groundwork indeed.
    Also the pictures looks much better and do your work more justice.
  11. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi all,

thanks for the nice comments.

Hi Lou,

Well to make it realistic he sould be dirtier. i didn't want to hide all my paintwork under to much "dirt". I added some Mig pigments (Europe dust and brick dust) but that's about it. Artistic freedom or he has just arrived ;)

Greetz and have a great end of the year and an eve better 2005,

Gino
  12. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Gino, (y) (y) (y) job there,my friend !! Thanks for posting it. A real inspiration to us all here on the "planet".Cheers !
    Kenneth.