1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hauptsturmfuhrer Michael Wittmann 1944 - Mitches Military Models

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by MMM, Jun 23, 2015.

1. MMM A Fixture

Something a bit different from us in both scale and subject is this 1/10 resin kit depicting the famous german tiger tank commander. This model was sculpted by Pavol Ovecka and Maurice Corry and is designed for use with a 1/10th scale tiger tank produced by Silvercrestmodels www.silvercrestmodels.co.uk
    The kit is available direct from www.mitchesmilitarymodels.co.uk and is priced at £60.00 which includes worldwide postage. A bust version is available for £30.00
    Thanks
    Ross

Attached Files:

2. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    MMM likes this.
  3. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Sorry for being a spoiler - the face shows a good resemblance of Wittman and the uniform shows nice crisp details likewise but the pose looks more like taken out of a slapstick movie. The figure is suffering seriously from the "raised-shoulder-syndrome" while the s-form of the spine brings the hips to the front in a strange way and I leave it to the eyes of the beholder if you point like this on a target to your left. Maybe you do so after taking a blast from your own Tiger tank or after Brad Pitt and "Fury" have taken you out of the game.
    While I admire Moz for the stream of figures he sculpts I think that pictures of life models adapting the poses he is working on might help to avoid anatomical problems that are hard to correct in large scales.

Cheers, Martin
    Gaudin likes this.
  4. Huw63 A Fixture

I like this one a lot.

Cheers

Huw
    MMM likes this.
  5. Waterman Active Member

I like it, and this time I am not sniping from the sidelines. Very nice.
    MMM likes this.
  6. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nicely sculpted.
    What would the cammo be for his uniform?

Gells
  7. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Most probably black:).
    According to the description of a PK-journalist and a picture taken in proximity to the action at Villers Bocage Witmann looked like this during his engagement with elements of the 22nd tank brigade
    [IMG]
    Beneath the leather jacket he wore a dark blue maintenance overall.
    The figure of MMM seems to depict him how he appeared on propaganda shots wearing the black uniform of the tank corps.
    [IMG] Frankreich-Nord.- Obersturmführer Michael Wittmann mit Eichenlaub zum Ritterkreuz1.jpg
    But there are images showing him with peadot camo as well - so if you go for camo here is the evidence
    michael wittmann in peadot NORMANDY 1944.jpg

Cheers, Martin