1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hastings, 1066 (Saxon and Norman Warriors)

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by b00gie, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Nicolaos Well-Known Member

This is just one of your best works, wonderful display! So happy to have seen them closely!
    Warm congrats, Bogdan!
    Nicolae
  2. b00gie Active Member

Romania
    Thank you very much, HansDig, Helm, Nap, Andrew, Nicolae! :happy:

Unfortunately I don't have WIP pictures for creating a SBS. I'll try to do that on future works. For this one I'll try to explain a bit of the process.
    For metallic parts I used Scale 75 metallic set. For Norman helmet I tried to obtain a smooth finish. I used thinner paint in order to obtain smooth brush strokes. After the base coat I used very diluted glazes with inks (black, blue, green, purple) in order obtain shadows and little illusion of reflections. I reworked some light areas in the end. For Saxon helmet I used paint straight from the bottle with rough brush strokes in orders to obtain a bit rough texture metal. I used three nuances of metal from dark to light adding some shadows and lights. After that I outlined with black ink all details of helmet. Next I used very diluted glazes of Vallejo smoke and inks (black, blue, brown) for simulating reflections and some wear. At the end I highlighted edges and nuts with brightest highlight mixed with white. Also I painted a few scratches here and there.
    For clothes and leather I used Vallejo and Scale 75 acrylics. I started with a medium dark base color. From there I added lighter color for creating lights and a bit darker color for the deepest shadows. (For texture on leather and fabrics I used stippling and rough brush strokes.) After that I used glazes with different nuances (blue, red, ocher, browns) for creating color variations. In the end I touched again the lights for more definition, especially on the edges.
    I hope these explanations will help. For any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Bogdan
  3. MrBMB A Fixture

Lovely work, nice choice of colours and the backdrop also compliments the figures
    b00gie likes this.
  4. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Fantastic ! Everyone needs feedback to develop, but what kind of feedback to give here? It looks great painted ...

Cheers Borek ;)
    b00gie likes this.
  5. b00gie Active Member

Romania
    Thank you very much, Borek and MrBMB! :happy:
    Borek likes this.