1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Has A Rat Ever Done Anything To You To Create This Animosity You Feel Toward Them?

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Renéduret, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    still working on the wrinkles.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    pokrad likes this.
  2. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
  3. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looking good. I know which character you are going for but add a tie and he could look like the guy from The Green Hornet movie.

Joe
  4. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    thanks. I still have to go watch it. Christoph has a beard in this one, not?
  5. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Yes he does, it is a entertaining movie and he has a good part.

Joe
  6. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    a base for the ears.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    small changes.
    merely about volume skull and definition haircut.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  8. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    ah the bad guy of inglorious bastards, spit on him
    Nice sculpt
  9. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    Yes, I am aware of the duality and controverses of Waltz' role. He is very bad and mean and his intrinsic way of questioning, the chessgame he plays in the first 30 minutes which he knows he's going to win is epic.
    Personally I hope he will have a chance to equalize this performance once more ( he succeeded in 'water for elephants' but I couldn't get loose from the Landa character).

Spitting on his image would surely be a compliment for Tarentino, as could be loving this depiction of the mad colonel.

I hope I will succeed catching him between a sigh and a smile and some painters will eventualy nail him.
  10. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    just a sketch.

[IMG]
  11. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    some changes after having had a short review with Antonio.
    The review just turned out in that some things where just not right yet.
    After being inspired ( yeah) I suddenly noticed I had to largen the jaw/chinsection and add volume to the top skull minding the way his hair finds its way too.
    Defined the eyes more and gave him his mocking lips. I think it's better now.

DSCF0054.JPG DSCF0055.JPG DSCF0056.JPG DSCF0057.JPG DSCF0058.JPG DSCF0059.JPG DSCF0060.JPG DSCF0061.JPG DSCF0063.JPG

take care all,

René
  12. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi René,
    This labour of love is certainly paying off. Are you sure you weren't a Mountie in a previous life, your self motivation and determination is exemplary.(y)
    cheers
    Richie
  13. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
  14. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    I love to do things in life I like Richie. I'm not that keen on obligating things. But when something catches me like in music, a chess variant or in this case Colonel Landa I lock on to my subject or object and can't let go.
    I like freestyling and will try just as long it takes to shape things my own way. The love you mentioned is very essential for me to perform my colonel.
    At age 9 I already drew German helmets and stuff, regarding my previous life I rather believe I was a soldier and yes a tenacious one. For a long period I was hooked on WW II subjects, there is a slight change now.

still need to work out his smile a bit more.
  15. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    I did....some....changes....

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  16. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
  17. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
  18. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
  19. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
  20. old grumbler Active Member

Albania
    sculpt looking a bit 'stiff' there, loosen up the posture somewhat, by the way did anyone find that movie entertaining? Seriously I thought it was the biggest pile of garbage I've seen in years for many reasons, awful, Tarantino should have jacked it in after jackie brown.