1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hartmann progress and a question

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mongo Mel, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hi,
    Well, after many problems I've finally got some decent progress to post on my Hartmann bust
    I had a lot of difficulty with the PE parts on the cap. By the time I got to painting those pieces, the primer and other paints I'd applied had pretty much filled in the detail etching (my fault). I finally decided to strip the head and paint the PE first and then mask them off. But the eagle badge came off and disappeared. At that point, the only option open to me was to try and sculpt it on. I used the carrier brass to get the basic shape and used Aves Apoxy. I was so happy with how it turned out that I decided to do the same thing on the other PE part (the ornament on the front piece of the cap). Iit turned out okay (but not as good as the eagle).

Now for my question. What color should the sheepskin collar on the jacket be? I'm used to seeing them an off white color but the box art shows it dark. I've not been able to find any pictures of this type of jacket on the internet. Just a picture of Hartmann where you can see just a bit of the collar and it looks dark there too.
    I really appreciate any help you could give me with this as well as any comments and constructive criticism on the piece.
    Thanks,
    Craig

Attached Files:

2. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Another view

Attached Files:

3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He looks great Craig. I like the way he turned out.
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Craig,
    he's coming along very nicely! Your flesh tones look fantastic! I'm no help with the coat however. I say go with what you think looks best. Assuming your shirt will be a bit darker, I like the look of the lighter wool as a contrast to it and the darker coat. Just a thought.......

Jay H.
    OKC
  5. Jacek Spychalski Member

Poland
    Hello my friend .

Cool work ! (y) (y) (y)

And answer for your qestion :

[IMG]

All the best

Jacek
  6. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hi Jacek!
    Good to hear from you again. I hope you like the job I'm doing on your Hartmann bust.
    Thanks so much for the picture. I've only found cropped versions of that picture. It's the one I was referring to in my original post here. That definitely answers my question.
    Take care my friend,
    Craig
    PS: Did you get the package I mailed to you? Just curiious how you liked the gift.
  7. Excatlon Active Member

Poland
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Craig,

I like your painting of this bust. It looks real good. In my opinion (my father owned a jacket like this when he get it from a pilot who crashed his plane) and what i remember is that the sheepskin was a very, very light brownish. When i see your painting of the sheepskin i think a light wash of for instance burnt umber will do the job.
    Good luck.

Marc