1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Happy Believers Day

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Wayneb, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    I don't know how many people actually recognize Easter as the kind of holiday of celebration. For me personally as a believer, I realize that there is more to this life spiritually than this messed up world we live in right now. No,....I'm not a preacher....Just a believer it what Easter is all about.

Wayne
    Dolf, oldtrousers and Old Pete like this.
  2. Dolf Active Member

Portugal
    "I realize that there is more to this life spiritually than this messed up world we live in right now."

Amen to that!

IMHO I just don't think we have been actually living for about a year and a half right now, but rather trying to survive... and I don't mean surviving a virus, but some kind of dystopia "they" are trying to impose on us... But that's just me I guess, and my tendency for critical thinking and questioning everything, especially if coming from "above"...

Cheers!
    Babelfish and sd0324 like this.
  3. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Half of the problems in the world are caused by religion and a much smaller % cured by it....the balance is all wrong.

I'll be an atheist until l die...then l won't care either way.

Keith
    custer760, Dolf, Banjer and 5 others like this.
  4. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi folks

Personally everyone has their beliefs and thoughts and that should be respected

Lfe throws many challenges which we all deal with in various ways

Meantime all have a good Easter ..not too many Easter eggs

Nap
    Dolf, OldTaff and Tecumsea like this.
  5. Graham PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I do respect anyone’s right to believe in anything they should wish but it is well known that Easter and Christmas are hijacked pagan festivals that go back much longer than a couple of thousand years. However, they are festivals to be enjoyed by everyone and anyone so do enjoy whatever you wish to call it :)
    custer760, Dolf, Airkid and 4 others like this.
  6. Dolf Active Member

Portugal
    "Half of the problems in the world are caused by religion and a much smaller % cured by it....the balance is all wrong."

Keith, As far as I see it, religion(s) and spirituality are two completely different things.

Just as an example, in any religion that I'm aware of, one must go through an "intermediate" (priest, whoever) in order to connect to what I call The Source/Creator. While in spirituality no one needs an "intermediate", as everyone is capable of connecting individually to The Source.

And yes, I fully agree that too many problems worldwide are caused by religion(s). As far as I know none is created by spirituality.

Cheers!
    Tecumsea and winfield like this.
  7. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    +1 to that, definitely. I don't buy into the theories that "The Virus" was deliberately unleashed as part of some sinister master plan to enslave us or anything like that. But it's certainly been seized upon by opportunistic politicians as a reason/excuse to impose increasingly tighter controls on society via some deeply illiberal measures, and I find the implications of that and the long-term precedents that are being set deeply troubling. It's not just about coronavirus any more, and it hasn't been for some time.

What alarms me just as much though is the number of folks who can't (or maybe just don't want to) see what's happening and are screaming to be locked down even more, willing to have our long-cherished freedoms taken away in the belief that it's a worthwhile trade-off because it will keep us "safe". I keep hearing/seeing "I don't mind having to show my 'covid passport' to go for a beer/go watch a movie/go to the theater/go shopping if it means we can get back to normal". I even keep hearing/seeing "I don't mind having to carry on wearing masks & social distancing if it means we can get back to normal". Thing is though, none of that stuff is "normal".

- Steve
    Airkid, Dolf, OldTaff and 2 others like this.
  8. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Dolf , what you are saying reflects the tenets of the Cathar faith....and we know how that ended up ! :eek: It seems to me everyone believes in something, even those who say they believe in nothing. :) It's a funny old world.
    Right, back to my brushes.....

Alan
    Dolf likes this.
  9. Dolf Active Member

Portugal
    "+1 to that, definitely. I don't buy into the theories that "The Virus" was deliberately unleashed as part of some sinister master plan to enslave us or anything like that. But it's certainly been seized upon by opportunistic politicians as a reason/excuse to impose increasingly tighter controls on society via some deeply illiberal measures, and I find the implications of that and the long-term precedents that are being set deeply troubling. It's not just about coronavirus any more, and it hasn't been for some time."

Steve, I just don't rule anything out, IDK how/where and why this "virus" started with certainty. I guess no one (except maybe a few) really knows.
    But one thing seems really unbelievable to me, and that is the fact that after about a year and a half of this "pandemic", no lab in the entire world has yet been able to isolate the "virus", despite their super sophisticated electronic microscopes?!...
    If they turned them up to the skies, in theory they could even know the color of the underwear of some "alien" doing his/her thing on the Moon... so how can't they isolate the "virus"?
    And that leads to the question how can they make "vaccines" if they don't have isolated the "virus"?... By definition, a vaccine is "a suspension of attenuated or killed microorganisms (viruses, bacteria, or rickettsiae), administered for prevention, amelioration, or treatment of infectious diseases.", meaning that traditional vaccines contain at least part of the virus, or bacteria, that they are supposed to fight in the organism. But if they haven't isolated this one "virus", how can they manufacture "vaccines" for it?!...
    Well, Moderna answers that question in their own site and their own words, stating that their "vaccine" is actually not a vaccine, but instead a mRNA experiment... IDK for others, each one of us is free to decide what to do with his/her own life and body, as for me... they can go test their experiment wherever they want, just not on me...

I can't elaborate on this subject, which I've been extensively researching for about a year now, because if I do, my post will almost certainly be deleted, and there are chances that the whole thread will be deleted, or at least made inaccessible...

Anyway, yes, it is by now obvious to me that the similarities with nazi Germany in the 30's, when all Jews were forced to wear a yellow Star of David on them, for easy identification and later deportation, are increasing by the day, with things like "covid-passports", that kind of practices. Recently in Germany some politicians discussed the possibility to send non-vaccinated people to... camps... Where are we going with this?!...

"What alarms me just as much though is the number of folks who can't (or maybe just don't want to) see what's happening and are screaming to be locked down even more, willing to have our long-cherished freedoms taken away in the belief that it's a worthwhile trade-off because it will keep us "safe". I keep hearing/seeing "I don't mind having to show my 'covid passport' to go for a beer/go watch a movie/go to the theater/go shopping if it means we can get back to normal". I even keep hearing/seeing "I don't mind having to carry on wearing masks & social distancing if it means we can get back to normal". Thing is though, none of that stuff is "normal"."

Exactly. Just like in Germany in the 30's... No one knew... no one wanted to know... and we now know where that led, and how that ended in the mid 40's...
    The old "normal" is IMO over, it won't be back ever again.
    This "new normal", with the muzzle (they call it masks), social distancing, vaccine-passports, etc... can't go on for much longer... People are starting to realize they have been scammed (economically ruined, socially activity destroyed, families separated, etc, etc, etc), and there is some push-back worldwide. Will it be enough?If we all do our part, I hope so.

And I also hope I didn't offend anyone with this post (this is just a tiny tip of an huge iceberg about what I've been finding out concerning this subject), as I tried to just very superficially offer some of my opinions on this matter.

Cheers!
    Babelfish and sd0324 like this.
  10. Dolf Active Member

Portugal
    "Dolf , what you are saying reflects the tenets of the Cathar faith....and we know how that ended up ! :eek:"

Alan,

I confess I'm not that much familiar with the Cathar History, and only know some superficial stuff regarding their faith.

Anyway, I know they were Gnostic Christians, who did not identify nor follow the Catholic Church.
    And for that, they were persecuted, tortured, murdered by... the Catholic Church... It seems that's how that ended up... IMHO not something the Catholic Church should be proud of...

I was raised as a Christian Catholic as a child. I had my "atheist" short phase during my teens, been kind of agnostic most of my adult life.
    Since a life changing event in 2011, when my life and beliefs made a 180º turn. One cannot deny what one sees with his/her own eyes, what ones experiences.

I don't follow any religion at all, even if I believe some parts of all religions are good/have a good intention. Sadly the major parts don't seem as good.
    Let's take for instance our Western Civilization Bible. How many times has it been translated from the original writings? How much was distorted, and modified, and eliminated/discarded?

"It seems to me everyone believes in something, even those who say they believe in nothing. :) It's a funny old world."

I kind of agree with you on that one ;)

Cheers!
  11. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    My post was not supposed to start a dispute about religion and beliefs. I can only speak from my own spirit, beliefs and life experience. I am confident that there is more to this skin and bones life that we live.....It's as simple as that.....

Wayne
    OldTaff and Dolf like this.
  12. Dolf Active Member

Portugal
    "My post was not supposed to start a dispute about religion and beliefs."

Wayne, I can't see in the previous posts any "dispute" about whatever.

What I see is civilized people sharing some of their own opinions (and not only about their religions or beliefs), in a civilized manner.

"I am confident that there is more to this skin and bones life that we live.....It's as simple as that....."

As for me, I fully agree with that. In fact I'm sure there's more. But I was lucky enough to have experienced that while in this physical life, so it's not a belief any longer, it's my own certitude (an only my own of course, as I never try to impose nothing on others, and accept every single other human being as equal, no matter the differences) .

Cheers!
  13. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Dolf - agree with most of what you say above, but the thread is in danger of being completely derailed now, so I'll refrain from posting further here.

- Steve
    Nap and Dolf like this.
  14. Dolf Active Member

Portugal
    Steve, as I anticipated... So just doing as you did...

Cheers!
    Babelfish and Nap like this.
  15. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Guys

Good move from members I feel ......It's a personal thing so let's call it a day ...

Me ...looking forward to a Easter egg or two after leaving hospital

Nap
    OldTaff and Babelfish like this.