1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Hans Joachim von Zieten

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Marcel, Mar 17, 2011.

1. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Dear Marcel,

I see very valid points raised by Karrie but also note that some of the musculature in the hind legs is covered by the shabraque. This piece as it is, is very nicely animated and detailed. It will make an outstanding display.

Rgds Victor
  2. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Nice progress, Marcel!

I don't suppose you'd consider making this as a master and casting copies, would you? I'd love to have it for my collection :D

Prost!
    Brad
  3. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Victor and Brad thanks!

Victor: Yes, Karrie had some good points. In the future I will study more the horse muscles and try to improve. I'm afraid that for this sculpture it's a past station.

Brad: First I'm not very good in making copies. And secondly the piece is for a collector. So sorry, that I have to disappoint you.

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  4. kathrynloch Active Member

United-States
    Wonderful job Marcel! I like what you did with the saddle blanket. I like the green leg you swapped out better than the original. ;) Very nice job over all!
  5. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Pech! Oh, well, I am enjoying your SBS just the same ;)

Prost!
    Brad
  6. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Thanks a lot for compliments Karrie and Brad!

After a good vacation I continued working on the figure. It took me some long evenings to finally finish this sculpture. :whistle:
    I still have to add the reins and do the groundwork but this I will do during the painting process. For the remaining part of the figure I used some historex parts and the rest of the details were sculpted using MS and Duro. Also several parts of the figure were a bit more smoothed or refined.
    Now I have to search for my paint brushes and paints.

Thanks for looking and all comments are welcome!

Cheers,
    Marcel.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Martin Rohmann likes this.
  8. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Nice progress, Marcel! The facial features look more and more like Old Zieten, coming along very nicely.

Prost!
    Brad
  9. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent finish to this one Marcel, its took a while but the end result is what matters, great looking figure and will look even better with your talented painting.

All the best

Steve
  10. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Eduardo, Brad and Steve thanks for the compliments well appreciated!

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    (y) It's coming along nicely Marcel, I'm going through a SYW Prussian phase myself but not quite as "round" as you. ;)

Roger.
  12. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    you are a nice sculptor as you are an excellent painter!!! very nice!!
  13. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Thanks roger! I'll stick to the round ones for the moment. ;)

Many thanks for the nice comments Dim!

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  14. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    You have done a very good job until now and I can´t wait to see the rest of it.

I think that will be a wonderful scene

Ulrich
  15. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    After priming I started with the paintwork on the figure. And a usual I began with the face. For the base color I used brownsand which was then highlighted with basic skintone. For the shadows I used black, burnt cadmium red and purple. The most blendwork on the rightside of the face is done. The left side still needs some extra work. I also started painting the color around to judge better the contrast of the face. Here some pictures of the current status I hope you like it.

Cheers,
    Marcel.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    theBaron and Edorta like this.
  16. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    (y) Good start Marcel, I've been looking forward to you starting the paint job. :)

Roger.
  17. Paul20100 A Fixture

France
    Gorgeous Marcel. Very Prussian face indeed.
  18. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  19. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Roger, Paul and Eduardo many thanks for the compliments! :)

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  20. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Yay! We're going into the color section of the build :D Very nice start, Marcel. Now your figure is really taking on the character of Old Zieten.

Prost!
    Brad