1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Hanger 18 Photo Backdrops

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by harrytheheid, Mar 25, 2013.

1. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I recently ordered some Hanger 18 Photo Backdrops after seeing them on planetFigure and they were delivered yesterday. I'm very impressed with the high quality and reckon I got my money's worth. I'd highly recommend these for adding something "different" to your photos.
    Here's one of them used as a backdrop for a Conan/Doom diorama I made a good while back. I think it definitely adds interest and I'll be experimenting some more with the other backdrops over the next couple of days.
    Cheers
    H
    DSC00973_编辑.jpg DSC00974_编辑.jpg DSC00975_编辑.jpg DSC00977_编辑.jpg DSC00978_编辑.jpg
    Einion likes this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    That works H, looks well.
    Carl.(y)
  3. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Carl,

Yeah, I'm very pleased with the results, although I'd like to play around with the aperture setting on my camera so the backdrops appear more blurred while keeping a reasonable depth of field. I also want to try shining a backlight through them and see what gives.
    I finally got fed up of using my cheapo printer, then juggling A4 (11" x 17") size backdrops around for photoshoots, and I've been hunting high and low for ages trying to find good value examples in a larger size. Sure, I could've gone to a local photoprint shop and got them to print out larger backdrops, but these would be on glossy paper and useless for my purposes - I didn't even bother thinking about the hassle of trying to explain to them that I'd want the things printed out on non-glossy paper! Plus I'd have to cough up the usual "Foreigners Tax", no doubt!
    Thought about buying some from EZ Cube, but man, their larger backdrops are priced at $45 up to $65 each - that's some amount of loot - no way.
    I honestly think in my situation, these A2 size (16.5" x 23.4") Hanger 18 Photo Backdrops at $25 each was the easiest option, and they represent terrific value for money.
    Cheers
    H
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    I've found an old Amazon box does the trick with my photographic skills.;)
    Carl.(y)
  5. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    :)....Unfortunately, Amazon won't ship to China....:(
    Hey guess what? My latest Historex Agents order was finally delivered today after spending the best part of EIGHT WEEKS in customs, countless visits by my Missus to their office, and in the end coughing up 25% of declared value import duty. Not Historex fault of course, but I need to figure (pun intended) out a better way of getting my hands on orders from the UK. Stuff from El Greco, or anything from the States usually just gets delivered straight to the house? Maybe "Historex" means something unpleasant in Mandarin?
    :unsure:
  6. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Here's the "lovely" Lucy Westenra - and friends in a small scenario, with one of the other H18 backdrops I got.
    I probably adjusted the aperture control on my camera too low. The backdrop is nicely blurred but I didn't get a real good focus on the figures themselves.
    Guess it's time I read the camera manual again!
    :(
    Cheers
    H
    4_编辑.jpg
  7. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    The blue background suits that piece H.
    Looks well.
    Get Historex to put it in a plain envelope.
    Carl.(y)
    harrytheheid likes this.