1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

H&V Miniatures LONDON Painting Seminar by Fernando Ruiz

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by Fernando Ruiz, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Hi all!

We are really proud to announce a new venture that involves the company. Keeping in mind my background in hosting painting seminars in different parts of the world and the fact that I now co-own a miniatures company, this seems like an obvious move for us.

I'm really pleased to announce the first official H&V Miniatures Painting Seminar that will be hosted in London:

[IMG]

Here are some extended details about the seminar:

- H&V Miniatures Painting seminar by Fernando Ruiz.
    - It will be hosted in London, the August 17-18 weekend.
    - It will be hosted in the premises of a wargaming club, Dark Sphere (full address on the poster), about 200 metres from the London Eye.
    - 25 seats.
    - 16 hours divided in 2 days (Saturday-Sunday)
    - The seminar will be about painting a bust face and maybe partial tricks and advice on other areas and textures (if time allows it). Faces are the hardest part to paint in bigger scales, so my aim is to paint one, teaching the techniques involved and, most important of all, how to read the features of a face and take decisions and choices based on that. Also, an overview on acrylics, zenith highlighting techniques, contrast, colour theory, and how all of this affects a face when painting it.
    - I will use a bust to show examples of what I'm talking about and then I will help each one of the participants with their own busts. Attendants may choose any H&V bust they want, as any bust will be useful to explain different things. Also, there will be a document that compiles the explanations so they don't have to take notes if they don't want to.
    - Cost of the seminar: £110 plus the bust of choice (a small discount will be given for the occasion).
    - Every participant should bring a lamp and brushes. These are the only materials that won't be covered. We decided to do it that way in order to keep a low fee of inscription.
    - I will have some sponsorship from Vallejo, so the paints involved in doing faces will be provided by us. In any case, I recommend that everyone brings along any paints of their choice that may want to use or try.

We are counting with the help of two British fellows so, if you have any questions, you can check with Brian Snaddon and Edward Sage. Edward is based in London, so if you have any question about transportation, lodging or anything related to the city, you better address him. For questions about the contents of the seminar, inscriptions and payment, please contact me at fernandoruiz@hvminiatures.com. I will send you a full dossier including all details.

I am really glad to have the chance to host my first seminar in the UK. It always turns out an awesome experience of learning, where you have the chance to meet friends, see new places and live a weekend in the companion of fellow enthusiasts.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I look forward for it!

Best Regards
    Fernando Ruiz (FeR)
    H&V Miniatures
  2. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Hi, buddies
    As some of you have requested, I'm preparing a nearby hotel list. It will be ready soon ;)
    Regards
    FeR