1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Guy de Lusignan

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by davidmitchell, Jun 3, 2010.

1. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Hi Guys finally got this very popular figure finished.Tried to make mine a bit different,so gave him a beard and mace instead of the axe.Also tried a couple of new techniques out on this figure, after painting the cloak and letting the oils dry I went over the whole area with artists soft pastels in the same shades to give it a more cloth like look.The crest on his chest was painted to try and represent embroidery.On the shield I painted the yellow first and then made a stencil for the large cross, sponging on the blue with a piece of foam from the kit packaging.A very enjoyable project, but time for something new hope you like it and thanks to Robert for the mix for the blue.

Cheers David

Attached Files:

Christos, SRP, salonikios and 42 others like this.
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    David, very nicely done! Beautiful subtle, weathered, and faded tones.

Jay H.
  3. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Hi Davy
    A brilliant paintjob,an absolute cracker.One of your best mate!
    Your going to have to show me your photograph and use of light method as the pictures are also brilliant.I think you may be holding out on me Davy regarding your photography!!!
    Brian
  4. debrito A Fixture

Canada
    IMO one of the best painted knights I ever saw...

Excellent job!

Do you mind if I ask how do achieve this kind of blue?

Rod.
  5. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks Jay for your kind words. Hi Brian ,took the photos with the set up I showed you,think they turned out a bit on the dark side.Thanks Rod for your postive comments,the blue mix came from a fellow member on Planet and is made from Indigo,Titanium white with a small amount of Naples yellow deep.

Cheers David
  6. -=König=- Active Member

Оhh.. simply magnificent execution simply super :)! At the most same knight lies. I will not undertake in any way it.
  7. Christosjager A Fixture

Greece
    Fantastic work David, my congrats.
  8. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    David,
    Excellent. I like this a lot. Great colours and heraldry.
    Cheers
    John
  9. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    David you did an exceptional job on this classic figure. IMO it is one of the top 5 best versions. Love those muted colors and the textures you gave. Bravo!
  10. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    David, you are a master. I very rarely see blue painted this way. The best variations in blue I have seen.
  11. Aterz Active Member

Italy
    great painting David, I love it!

regards from Italy
    Andrea
  12. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks so much Guys for all your very positive feedback and comments ,they are all .much appreciated.

Cheers David
  13. el cid New Member

Canada
    David, I really like what you have done. You put a different stamp on the figure
    and of course, exceptionally well painted. Looks like you had fun trying out some different techniques. Anyhow, I love everything you put on here so
    keep it coming mate!
  14. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    fantastic painting. the crest is supreme. congrats on the new techniques paying off.
  15. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks Steve and Mike for your kind comments,I certainly had a lot of fun with this one.

Cheers David
  16. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    Hi David,
    The piece of Pengaso has become an institution for modellers, because it gives you the freedom to paint with that issue you want.
    Now your work is amazing ...
    Bravo my friends.

Alexandros
  17. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    David - doing us proud lad ! As always work of the highest standard.:cool:
  18. PeterR. Member

Germany
    Simply fantastic!! I really like your painting style, hope to see it somewhen somewhere live.

Cheers

Peter
  19. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Absolutely briljant paintwork. That blue is awesome.

marc
  20. alamac Well-Known Member

Australia
    Dave
    A great figure , superbly finished , great work mate