1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Guerrer saxó

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ori, May 4, 2004.

1. ori Active Member

Hi. This is my first contribution in this forum and i’d like to show the second figure I presented at the AMT show in Torrent and which got another silver medal. It’s Latorre’s “Northumbrian warrior”

As i find the original figure a little dull, and as many modellers had done before, i modelled a mantle. I also modified his right hand to make him hold a lance vertically, with a dragon-shaped gonfalon on its top, typical of those warriors

I mixed some Duro with Andrea Sculpt for the mantle. I tried to subtly drape it according to blowing wind, bearing in mind it would be made of heavy cloth. The sculpting of the wolfskin on top of the mantle was the most challenging part of the conversion, as i did it once the mantle was in place and the whole figure already painted.

The gonfalon is a string of aluminium foil covered in Andrea putty, except for the dragon head, which was made of lead foil. I intended to represent a hollow cloth tube. I gave it a more exaggerated flight than that of the mantle, as i wanted to show it was made of finer cloth. Obiously, both respond to wind blowing from the same direction.

Well, there go some pics. Those of you who want more detail, can read a more in-depth article at Lo Somatent

[IMG]
  2. ori Active Member

More pics:

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    He looks great Oriol.........I like the presentation and the blending and shading look terrific. I may have to slip over to Lo Somatent to see the rest. Thanks for posting and I hope you post more.
  4. ori Active Member

And the final detail close-ups:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  5. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Ori-

This is very nice. I'd love to see more of your work. The shading and tones on the shield are well done!

Keith
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Spectacular! (y)
  7. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    OUTSTANDING,Oriol (y) (y) (y) !!! Keep up the good work and post more ! Cheers.
    Kenneth.
  8. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Superb,

one of the best versions I've seen so far.

Keep up the excellent work,

Gino
  9. Erikvb New Member

Great work Oriol!!!! I'd like to see more of your figures!!!

Erik
  10. ori Active Member

Thanks for your coments.
    I use the Vallejo acrilics for all the paint proces and sometines, some efects for the final like whater efects, "smoke" of Tamiya or pastel chalks.

Soon i'll post a very big project: one vignette with four figures and one horse.
  11. Franco Active Member

Australia
    Hi Oriol,

Well done on a well painted model. I love the way you have painted and weathered the leggings - dark at the shoes moving to light further up the leg.

Well done and I agree with the rest of the postings - more photos of your work.

Ciao
    Franco