1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Guerilla Bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Anders Heintz, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Here is another project I started over the summer. Its a 9th scale Guerilla bust from the Missouri-Kansas Border in the beginning on the Civil War. Its made out of Magic Sculpt and the hair is Sculpey. Im really bad at hair so even if its a bit flat I am happy with it.

The hand needs some work, the thumb is a bit awkward. I am debating wether or not to include the right arm or not, it adds to the figure but still distracts from the bust aspect. What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks for looking :)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Angaliel A Fixture

France
    Anders,

I do like your work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to check your V-bench page to take a look at your others works.
    Dont worry about the hair, it looks good to me.

JP
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Anders, the bust looks very good so far, looking forward to seeing more.

Keep up the good work and its great having you back.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  4. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Great!I'm looking forward to see some updates!
    christos
  5. marvin Member

Netherlands
    Anders,

Good stuff! I say keep the right hand/arm. I like the way it will break the boundaries of the base.

- Marvin -
  6. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice one Anders....I like how it's shaping up...I think the right arm would help with the composition because of the angle or tilt of the head...I think it's a worthwhile addition.

I'll keep looking for your next updates.

Roy.
  7. MattS Active Member

United-States
    Anders,

Nice work. I agree with the others. Keep the arm. It does help to counterbalance the angle of the head.

The only things that I noticed is that he area of the forehead between the eyes, just above the nose seems a little flat. If you look at the profile, that area seems like it should have more mass. That and the upper eyelids should protrude out farther than the lower lid from the profile view. Keep us posted on this one. Looks interesting!!

Matt
  8. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks for your comments guys!

I will keep the arm, I agree that it helps tell the story.

Thanks for the input Matt, I will mess around with it a bit and add some more "meat" on the upper eyelids.

Will post more pics as soon as I get somewhere on the bust.

Thanks again guys!
  9. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Wow Anders I had not still seen this Busto I must say that much good is coming.... the face is much beautiful one compliments and good job. ;)

MAB :)
  10. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Bruno!

Thanks!! :)

He is still at this stage as you see now, his sword broke during the flight back from Switzerland last week!

I will work some more on him sometime though and will post updates as I get there!

Thanks again!