1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Guards Camel Corps Sudan 1885

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by mick3272, Jun 29, 2018.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Looking good Mick and agree with Steve about going a bit greyer but you've got that under control. Once the decision to strip and start again has been made I think it always results in an improvement.
    valiant and mick3272 like this.
  2. mick3272 A Fixture

Thanks Roger.
    First time round you would have needed sun glasses to look at it.
    Mick
    billyturnip and valiant like this.
  3. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Ah the smell of dettol in the morning, good to know you have things under control.
    Nap and mick3272 like this.
  4. Chezzie Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I fancy this one Mick. A nice piece!
    mick3272 likes this.
  5. mick3272 A Fixture

Hi Mark.
    It is a nice kit, Its in my era British Victorian and a bit different than Scarlet tunic or Khaki Field service.
    Mick
    Chezzie likes this.
  6. Chezzie Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I agree
    mick3272 likes this.
  7. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    Hi Mick. Just a quickie on the subject of the helmet. A lot of soldiers out in India stained their tropical helmets with cold tea in order to make them less white. I was doing a Zulu war figure a couple of years back and thought "Why not?", so I tried a wash of cold tea on the figure's headgear and it looked really good. And no, today is not the 1st of April.
    mick3272 and Nap like this.
  8. mick3272 A Fixture

Tea does not last long enough in our house to get cold. But when painting this I did start with an off white and applied various brown washes. I think it came out ok.
    Mick