1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Guard Zouave at Razonville 1870

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ChaosCossack, Aug 19, 2014.

1. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Excellent job, Colin! Looks very, very good!(y)
    Your photography improved a lot! Brings out much more better the quality work that you did!
    The only suggestion that I have is to crop the image more. Again is just a suggestion. I think that the photos will bring out your work better in a portrait format than in a landscape format. Something like this:
    Colin 2.jpg

Keep up the excellent work, my friend.
    Cheers,
    Zeno :)
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  2. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Thanx Keith, much appreciated, my friend.
    And thanx to you too Zeno, Never occured to me to crop in that orientation. I the longer shots I wanted the base to be in the image. Then I tucked in a bit to get just the fig in.
    I'll be bringing him to the London show, I'd like you and the rest of the crew to see it in person and get your opinions.

Cheers, my brother

Colin
  3. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Great job Colin! I'll be referencing your work when I get this ready for paint, Well done(y)(y)
    Tom
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  4. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Thanx Tom
    The beauty of this fig is it can be painted any number of ways... Zouave of the Line (1st, 2nd or 3rd Regt), Zouave of the Guard, Turcos... all anywhere from 1854 to 1914. With a tiny bit of tinkering (mainly adding tails to the sash and in some cases removing the piping from the pantaloons and changing the bayonet to a socket type) you can even depict one of the Zouave regiments from the American Civil War. He'd look pretty cool as a New York Fire Zouave or even better, a Louisianna Tiger.

Colin
  5. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I never thought about those possibilities, thanks Colin:) I currently have this figure on my bench and I'll give this some thought and maybe convert it(y)
    Tom
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  6. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this fig, Tom.

Don't be shy (y)

Colin
  7. la quincaille New Member

great painting!
    I must buy this figure, you can paint a zouave, a trucos, a french volunteer from west as explainedChaosCossack.
    French doesn't sculpt zouave or turcos figures ( except JMD or RGT.57), what a pity.
    The reason ? in the french culture, the 1870 war is a defeat, and whe never speak about defeat....
    napoleonpeart and ChaosCossack like this.
  8. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    I forgot about the Western Volunteers, Pope's Guard and Canadian Zouaves, all incarnations of the same unit. Really nice sky blue uniforms.

Colin
  9. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yes so Meany combinations of zaouve units that can be done with this figure , with a little work he can be most units. for those who wish to order him he can be ordered through our web site elliesminiatures.com or come and see us at Euro.

ian
  10. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    I think they can be used for the early part of WW1 as well. Judging by the huge favourable response Ian, did you have any plans for any other zouaves?

regards Zane
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  11. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    You're right Zane. Really just a rifle change and it's done.
    zane666 likes this.