1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Guard Grenadier

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Patrick Kirk, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Larry. Yep, when used in limited quantities, it's usually not that bad, but if too much is used without a counterbalancing color, then what you get is a figure that looks like it's wearing that "no sun self bronzing" cream.

I don't know if it's right or not, but I usually do something different everytime I paint flesh. I love to experiment and usually never do two things the same way.
  2. Larry R New Member

Thanks, same here Lou. It's a good thing too!
  3. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Just wanted to confirm that WN has obs out the WN Mars Brown. They list a 3 paint combo that will get you to Mars Brown shade but I am too lazy.

FYI, if anyone is interested Cheap Joes Art Supplies still lists the WN Mars Brown available on their site.

http://www.cheapjoescatalog.com/
  4. Patrick Kirk New Member

Still plugin along on him...just wanted to post an update pic. I should have him pretty well finished by the end of the weekend, and then I have to work on the rifle and the ground work...
    Look forward to your comments...

Patrick

Attached Files:

5. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    WOW

It seems that even a Verlinden piece can become a piece of art when given to the right artist. Chapeau, well done.

Gino :eek:
  6. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Patrick, Very nice my friend. Your painting has really come full circle. I'm looking forward to seeing your display at the show.~Gary (y)
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Well done Patrick......look forward to seeing the figure with the groundwork
  8. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Gorgeous Patrick!
  9. Patrick Kirk New Member

I really appreciate the feedback...guys. I need to work on the lighting in order to capture the highlights on the eppalets (sp?) and not wash them out. I'll see if I can't reorient the lights and take a few new shots...
    This is a great piece and have really enjoyed painting him thus far. I thought about putting the Grenadier colors in his hand instead of the rifle. But as I did the research, I realized that it's a bridge to far... :lol: Every man has his limitations... ;)
    Gary,
    Thanks my friend. I've had a lot of help with my work and am begining to see it come together. I keep my first figger I ever did in my studio just so I can see how far I have come...really looking forward to MFCA this year, too Gary...

All the best guys, and thanks...

Patrick
  10. Larry R New Member

Patrick, I am appalled that you did not email me first. Do I always play second fiddle? Hey how about him holding a beer? All joking aside, all those conversations with the Great Bob Knee is paying off brother. Excellent work my friend!
  11. Patrick Kirk New Member

Brother,
    I sent you a couple pictures to the your email at the house...ya gotta fire up that ole dinasour of a computer and down load 'em... ;)
    Thanks for the kind words...still am not pleased with the break in the gaiters and the white trousers...I need to soften that transition some more. Bob is great mentor and he has the patience of Jobe my friend! And as you know, he needs 'em, too.

Really looking forward to MFCA this year...
    Take care

Patrick
  12. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Patrick-

Looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Keith
  13. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Patrick,

Looking very nice! I look forward to seeing it along with the rest of your work.

Joe
  14. Patrick Kirk New Member

Thanks Joe!
    Looking forward to seeing your too...
    Hope all is well...

All the best ;)

Patrick
  15. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Patrick,
    I like it, very nice.

Roc.
  16. Patrick Kirk New Member

Tanks Roc!
    :)
    All the best my friend...

Patrick
  17. Patrick Kirk New Member

Here is some more in progress pictures...I worked on the rifle stock this morning and sorta think that I need to blend the grain a lil more...Your thoughts, please...
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

18. Patrick Kirk New Member

Here's a close up of the rifle...

Attached Files:

19. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Patrick, Very nice. You could do with maybe a bit more blending but don't go beyond that (all that coming from someone who has not painted in how long?).~Gary
  20. Pete_H New Member

Looking good, LtColonel!! The whites and blues are looking really good so far. However (uh oh! Here comes the "Rex Reed" of the hobby :) ), the whites could probably due with a bit more contrast.

Looking good so far, amigo! Hang tough ...