1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Guard Cavalryman - Tang Dynasty

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MAB, Mar 15, 2007.

1. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Dear friend Of Planet This is my last creation..... for me..... opps:rolleyes: for a collector. :D

Draft of a Guard Cavalryman of the Tang Dynasty - 618 AD. - 907 AD.

The subject It is based on the splendid ceramic figures found in the grave of prince Zhanghuai and in the grave of a price Yide dating to the 8Th century.

This soldier represent one Prince's guard and wears the lamellar armour typcal of the later Tang Period , it is almost elaborated how much that one of a General, even if the type to lamellar more practical.

Naturally your comments are appreciate as usual

Good Vision to all :) MAB

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Attached Files:

• FACE.jpg
      FACE.jpg
      File size:
      36.8 KB
      Views:
  2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Maurizio, That is AWESOME. I really like the face on the figure. The horse furniture looks like it was time consuming.~Gary
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Maurizio, veramente una bella scultura, mi piace molto, complimenti.
    Continua la bella scultura.

Ciao
    Roc
  4. diosytexas Member

England
    great stuff, shame you can't buy it. well done. dave.
  5. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    Fan-tastic! I would love to see more figures from this country and era.
  6. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    [IMG]

Guys , i was fortunate enough to see this piece on Maurizio's bench last December in Catania. Its really awsome and i dont know if this can come through the pictures. The lamellar scalling is made one by one and needs many many pieces and many many many more hours to make it . I dont think that such a work can be priced.. Lucky Collector !!!

My best regards senior Maurizio. This is really beautifull, a work of art !!!

[IMG]
  7. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Great work once again Maurizio.
    Compliments!!!
    christos
  8. merlino Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi Maurizio!

Superbo!
    Notevole lavoro di scultura, finemente dettagliato e di impatto suggestivo.
    Complimenti! Per quale ditta esce? Non è un periodo a me usuale, ma sarei
    attratto dal dipingerlo..........ciao, spero di vederti a Calenzano.
    Angelo da Verona.
  9. Ulrich PlanetFigure Supporter

Germany
    Maurizio

A great work and I like it very much.

Ulrich
  10. periklis_sale Member

Greece
    My friend Maurizio fantastic work ones more!!!!!! Excellent!!!

How did you do the metal scale plates for the armour? The horse is from scratch?
  11. daniel Well-Known Member

France
    Whouahhh Maurizio ... I'm very desapointed it was not for an commercial model ... O)
    Fantastic like always ... You have devil in your hand !!! O)

Hope to see it paint !!!

Congratulation

Daniel

PS : When 'll you produce one for commercial ? O)
  12. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi Gary - Rocco - Dave - PJ - Costas - Cristos - Angelo - Ulrich - Periklis and Daniel

Thanks Guy for your comment it's well appreciate it.

For Gary - in effects a lot has been a job along.... considered that I have had to make it in the time cuts..... they are always a lot little but we say that they are amused to me...... especially in order to singularly make the bag with the realized arrows all (10pz.)

For Periklis - The Plates Scales is realized in the same way of those made for "LOKROS OPLITE" has realized one heads for rectangular base and then I have punch to them on a thin sheet of lead.
    The Horse is a Metal Models to which I have rifared the head..... I have decided to use that one why it interested to me to have a small horse with a good finish of the legs inasmuch as those would have been only looked at. I have played little on the proportions of the Soldier so that the horse seemed a little greater respect..... typical proportions of the subject Orients them

For Angelo - Grazie per i tuoi commenti ..... mi dispiace deluderti ma il pezzo non è destinato alla produzione ma ad un Collezionista ..... questo non è un periodo molto proficuo per le vendite .... chissà in avvenire.
    Per Calenzano sarei ben lieto di venire alla mostra ........ spero.. per l'anno
    prossimo. Saluti

For Daniel :Sorry My friend but still nobody of the two Aziend for which job a has commissioned me similar piece therefore I make them the collectors :D:D

Saluti To all MAB :)
  13. tefaet Active Member

Spain
    Hi Maurizio
    I haven't words for this beatiful piece .
    A great work.
    I see you inTorrent.Regards.
  14. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Maurizio my friend, that's an excellent piece of yours. That's a piece that surely many people want to see on the market. Take care my friend and keep on amazing us.

Xenofon
  15. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    fantastic !!!
  16. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    That is a beautiful piece of sculpture Maurizio! The face is fantastic and maintains a wonderful Asian look. The armor is a feat of miniature engineering! Great stuff!

Jay H.
    OKC
  17. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Absolutely Beautiful work Maurizio. A favorite period of time for me. A very lucky collector for sure. Will we be able to see it painted?
  18. jjgurk Member

United-States
    Superb Maurizio. Bravo!

John
  19. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    As usual my friend, "stunning". Your work will never cease to amaze me. I'm with Guy on this one, I too want to see it when it's painted.

Jim Patrick
  20. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Ciao Maurizio. Complimentoni !!! Come di consueto hai fatto un ottimo lavoro. Sono curioso per sapere chi lo dipinge.

Stephen Mallia