1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

GreyMountain Reviews: Roman Legatus from Pegaso

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Forté, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Blind Pew, Nap, Redcap and 5 others like this.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    you break up from Fantasy, I break up from Historical.
    Etherway,, there are always amazing figures to paint. This roman is one of them.

Marc
    Forté likes this.
  3. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Not quite what I meant. I've reviewed quite a few fantasy releases lately so it's nice to look at a historical piece.
  4. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good review.

I understand Pegaso's motivations regarding the pre-prep but your comments about limiting access for cleaning up, shortening the neck and losing the back detail (could leave the cloak off?) are relevant.
    Forté likes this.
  5. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Different people look for different things in their miniatures. I like to prep things so I'm happy with them and the easier access the better really.
    NeilW likes this.
  6. Gary_81 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hey Forte,
    Another great review of a lovely model. I'm really glad you highlighted the pre-assembly that Pegaso and Kimera are doing. I can see the reason behind it to stop re-casters but it is making me think twice about buying models from these two companies and I'm crossing my fingers hoping other companies don't follow this path. For me I always found it easier to paint certain models separated and then assemble after and this really becomes impossible now.

Gary
    Forté, Babelfish and NeilW like this.
  7. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good review.

I really don't see how this approach is supposed to "stop recasters" though. Surely they'll either recast the thing as is, or just break it down?

- Steve
    Blind Pew, Redcap and NeilW like this.
  8. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Must admit that I thought that as well
  9. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It's a tricky situation really. However I cannot spot any of the more current releases from Pegaso or Kimera on one of the more known and blatant recaster sites (I hate going on there as it just makes me angry seeing people work being treated in such a way) so perhaps the extra work is discouraging. And I have tried to separate parts and that glue they use is serious stuff.

But time will tell.

For me I think I'll more be looking at the way I prep as it may push me to try things which might make me improve my overall prep on everything too. I'm thinking though that the old folded sand paper or sandpaper glued to a toothpick trick might be the answer.
    Nap and NeilW like this.
  10. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Really good review - thank you.
    Gary
    Forté likes this.
  11. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thank you
  12. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve

Thanks for the review , a nice looking very detailed piece and you've raised good points regarding prep

It's good to see manufacturers trying to do something ref recasting lets hope it has a good affect .

Nap
    Forté likes this.