1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review GreyMountain Reviews Dismounted Dragoon 1630ad from Avanpost

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Forté, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mirofsoft, DaddyO, debrito and 6 others like this.
  2. Airkid A Fixture

England
    I like that. Crisp casting and excellent detail. Lots of painting options too.

Phil
    NeilW and Forté like this.
  3. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Details and casting is really top notch. Certainly worth giving their range a look for certain.
  4. tefaet Active Member

Spain
    Very nice piece.
    Forté likes this.
  5. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I am on my third figure from Avanpost, Napoleonic's of course. I can vouch for the casting and fit of parts. The sculpting is top notch too.
    Billy Dickinson and Forté like this.
  6. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Avanpost began with making weapons for other brands..their finesse and crisp detail is outstanding..
    Forté likes this.
  7. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That's actually really interesting to know. They've certainly expanded then and kept the quality.

I've some of their 28mm resin and metals to review too and the detail on those is impressive too.
    grasshopper likes this.
  8. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I've got this figure on order to go with 6 others from the Avanpost 30 Years War range that I already have. It is a superb range of figures, with arguably the best casting quality on the entire market.

- Steve
    TonyL, Forté and grasshopper like this.
  9. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    I have the same and absolutely you are right..maybe not the most animated sculpts, but certainly best crafted. So often I see computer gen images and then the ultimate piece fits poorly, cast poorly..not these
    TonyL, Forté, Airkid and 1 other person like this.
  10. kevininpdx Well-Known Member

United-States
    I have one of their figures. It’s definitely one of the best if not the best casting I’ve seen. I wish they would expand to other subjects beyond 30 Years War.
    TonyL likes this.
  11. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    I believe that he has
    kevininpdx likes this.
  12. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    He does Napoleonics too.
    kevininpdx likes this.
  13. kevininpdx Well-Known Member

United-States
    You’re right I didn’t notice their Naps. I’d like to see them expand to other eras including Middle Ages and ancient.
    Forté likes this.
  14. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve

Thanks for review , constructive as always , agree ref base but the figure overall is popular as is the company from the comments

All credit to them for the separate bandolier

The box is a nice touch and useful once empty

Look forward to more from GMR and seeing versions painted here on PF

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Forté likes this.
  15. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The figure is excellent both sculpting and painting. Yes the face isn't as highly detailed as some on the market but it fits and doesn't distract from the overall sculpt.

Definitely looking forward to seeing some painted.
    Nap likes this.
  16. Mr Bill Member

Never knew about this great range of figures or this company until I saw them here. I will certainly purchase some from this range.

Bill
    Forté likes this.
  17. Reptor A Fixture

Japan
    Thank for this reveiw ! The miniz is just perfect ! (y) I was really interested in buying it and I admit that your review helped me a lot :D But my banker does not like you :LOL:
    Forté likes this.
  18. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom

I aim to please... just not saying who though
    Reptor likes this.
  19. Ruediger New Member

Germany
    Maxim Voronin from Avanpost made also the 75mm figures (i think most french revolution period) for First Legion. For collectors (also those are metal) would be surely a fine supplement to now the 'own' Avanpost range.
  20. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    I am a fan of their figures.. but am yet to buy a couple... Thanks for supply the review...