1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Grey Army - new company and new release.

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Lovejoy, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Lovejoy New Member

England
    I’m posting this to let you know about our new historical miniatures company – Grey Army.

Our plan is to focus initially on 90mm, 1/20th scale metal figure kits initially, although we will be producing some 1/35th scale figures for armour modellers at a later date. We will be selling direct from our website and later in the year at as many UK modelling shows as we can fit in. – this should help us to keep prices low, as we won’t need to give a discount to dealers. We will also be making painting and historical information available as downloads on our website, rather than as printed leaflets in the boxes – again, a measure designed to save money.

Our first figure release is a 90mm metal kit of a Celtic Briton, A.D. 61, which we are enclosing here. Consisting of 13 parts, the kit has been cast by the highly regarded craftsmen at Griffon Moulds. We are charging £35 Sterling for this kit, plus £5 Postage and Packing (First Class Recorded Delivery in the UK, Airmail to the U.S. and the rest of the world.) We’re hoping to keep all our 90mm kits at the same price, and are aiming to release one a month. Next is a Samurai of the Edo period, preparing for seppuku, to be followed by a 14th Century Teutonic Knight. You can keep up with our progress on our website.

Our Web address: http://www.grey-army.co.uk

Please feel free to email me on michael@grey-army.co.uk if you want any more information.

Oh, and here’s a pic of our first release – Code GA1, Celtic Briton, A.D. 61.

Regards,
    Michael Lovejoy
    http://www.grey-army.co.uk

Attached Files:

2. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Excellent Michael, great to see you progressing so far so quickly, a real tonic for lazy buggers like me! I've followed all you posts and really admire the plunge you've taken. As for your mention about future releases in 1/35th, my advice to you would be don't go there: it's a saturated market. Stick to your guns, your favorite scales and historical periods. It's your hobby, you talk of cutting out dealers and thus keeping the costs of figures down - (also a good way to stop plagiarism in the the age of ebay and the internet) -well how about going the whole hog and casting the figures yourself?
    All the best,
    Jon.
  3. Lovejoy New Member

England
    Thanks Jon, I appreciate the cooments!
    I'm okay doing resin casting myself, but can't afford the gear for good quality metal casting at the moment. When I can, I'll do all the casting myself.
    Thanks again