1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Grenadier officer LAH, Kharkov 1943. 1/35 scale

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Eludia, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I managed to get hold of a 1/35 Russian helmet from one of the guys in my club. I added a liner and some straps and now it's fixed on the base. The MP40 now has a sling, I increased the contrast on his face a little and the nameplate is in the post. Everything is starting to come together, although I've had to resort to finishing it off in acrylics to get it finished in time for Euro.

Some pics (taken on iPad):

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    I missed a lot of this Billy so reading through your progress made a great commentry on your work here.
    He has made super progress and for me with very few problems it has all come together a real treat.
    Very nice job Mate, well done.
    Keith
    Eludia likes this.
  3. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks a lot Keith, I'm really glad you like him (y)

It wasn't all plain sailing though. Those helmet straps and weapon sling were a bit emotional and there was much swearing.

Will you be at Euro?
    Ferris and Wings5797 like this.
  4. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    HI Billy
    I find that as you get better with more skills in your armory the swearing and reworking increases. I guess we look closer and expect a lot more. But that can only good.
    No Euro for me Mate. We will not be visiting the UK untill the end of October.
    All the best and don't bankrupt yourself at Euro.
    Keith
    Meant to ask, are you entering any of your pieces?
    Eludia likes this.
  5. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'm on a tight budget for Euro (for me anyway) so I won't be going mental this year. I shall be choosing my purchases wisely, or at least that's the plan. Like most plans, it probably won't survive contact ;)

I'm hoping to get this one done in time for the weekend and I'm also thinking of entering another couple of my recent projects. I'm not really expecting anything from the comp to be honest but it'll be the first time I've entered anything at Euro and everyone's got to start somewhere. I'll be happy to get some feedback from the judges.
    Wings5797 likes this.
  6. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Very wise Mate.
    As they say the best laid plans
    I am sure that you will get some positive feedback and I wish you every success.
    Please let me know how it all goes.
    Keith
    Eludia likes this.
  7. Nicolaos Well-Known Member

Very fine result achieved, warm thanks for sharing with us your project.
    Eludia likes this.
  8. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Nicolae (y)
  9. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Added some spent brass and finished off the metal fittings on the Russian helmet. Oh, and added a plate. I'm calling this one done now, a most enjoyable project :)

I might try and take some better pics when I've got some natural light to play with, probably after Euro.

DSC_3365.JPG DSC_3366.JPG DSC_3367.JPG DSC_3368.JPG DSC_3369.JPG