1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book Grenadier Miniatures German Officer Of The 6th Army Stalingrad

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Tommi, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Image1.jpg

This is the first in a series of releases from a new Company, Grenadier Miniature’s. The business has been set- up by Alison Hale with guidance from Husband Stuart Hale of Stormtroopers Miniatures.

All pieces present and future will be available exclusively from Grenadier Miniature’s via their web site and eBay. Future releases will be from well-known sculptors, Carl Reid, Maurice Corry, Igor Danilkin and a few others to be announced. The products will be cast to the same high standard as Stormtroopers products. All kits will be produced in small limited runs so once they are gone that’s the end of the production.

The first piece is a 1/9th scale bust of a German Officer of the 6th Army Stalingrad. Sculpted by Igor Danilkin and Stuart Hale. The kit comprises of sixteen light grey polyurethane resin parts and a strip of lead foil which can be cut to make the MP40 straps. There is a choice of two head options in the kit as well as an A4 colour painting guide. All parts are well packed in bubble wrap and poly zip bags for the smaller parts, all contained in a sturdy box.

Image2.jpg Image3.jpg

Close inspection of the parts show a high level of casting and detail. There are only a few mould casting blocks to remove on each piece and clean-up is very minimal. Test fitting of the parts show an excellent snug fit with no evidence of any gaps or filler needed.

Parts laid out below for your close inspection, front and rear views of the torso and the two head options, ammunition pouch and the various components that make up the MP40 machine gun. The lead foil supplied can be used to make the straps, there is also a heavy duty bust pedestal included in the kit for mounting the piece.

Conclusion: A very nice first release from this new company in regards to the high quality of casting and detail. Excellent sculpt collaboration by the two parties concerned and I am sure this wil prove very popular amongst WWII enthusiasts. I wish Alison all the best in her new business venture and look forward to some more exciting releases from this new company, highly recommended.

Availability: Exclusively from www.grenadierminiatures.co.uk

Tommi
    Image4.jpg Image5.jpg Image6.jpg Image7.jpg Image8.jpg Image9.jpg
    Carlos69, napoleonpeart, T50 and 3 others like this.
  2. phc35 Well-Known Member

United-States
    looks very nice
  3. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very well detailed in sculpting and casting. Regards, SG(y)
  4. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys ,

An interesting piece , with Stuarts help and guidence ...Alison is onto a winner ...looking forward to seeing more from grenadier miniatures.

Tommi,
    Thanks for the review

Nap
  6. Figurenfreund66 Well-Known Member

Germany
    I agree with Tommi a great Bust.

I´ve become my kit before X-Mass and i´m happy . Great service and perfect quality !

Cheers

Hendryk
  7. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice review.

I ha e this bust and can vouch o th superb quality.
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent casting.
    It's painting up well too.
    Carl.(y)
  9. Helm A Fixture

England
    I see Carl Reid's cracking Afghan is up and coming too nice and all the best with this venture certainly starting off with two belting figures

Steve