1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Grenadier in Stalingrad

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by T-34/85, Jul 21, 2012.

1. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I finished this last week. This is a great figure from Jeff Shiu and a pleasure to paint. Each one you finish hopefully makes the next one better, at least that's what I'm going for
    View attachment 100374 028.JPG 029.JPG 030.JPG 031.JPG 034.JPG 027.JPG
    Ferris, NickM and Martin64 like this.
  2. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Congratulations! That is a fine paintjob. The only problem I can see might be the alignment of the pupils in the eyes but it might be just the angle of the pictures. IMHO the face of this special figure is anyway hard to paint because of his somewhat strange grimacing. Whatever - it is the best painted piece of that figure I have seen so far(y).
    All the best, Martin
  3. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Great job, Tom! I've just finished one of his fallschirmjager, and the quality of his figures blew me away too - they certainly are a pleasure to paint.
    Well done!
    Cheers
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Very well done Tom.
    What did you use for the spent brass?
    Carl.(y)
  5. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Thanks guys for the comments, Martin, I think you're right. I took another look and it might be the catch lights, they are off a bit. The face was a challenge, I didn't add eyebrows, it gave me the effect I wanted without them . I wanted to paint him desperate and Jeff's excellent sculpting lends very well to that, Carl, I used the rounds that came with the figure. Try as I might, I couldn't get them to sit around his neck. Then I read how Calvin Tan did it on one of his figures and next time I'll give it a try. There actually is a fair amount of contrast on his white smock but the photo almost completely obliterated it
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice work.
    And indeed, every finished figure make you do the next better.

Marc